Home

Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers

This is a discussion on Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 02:19 PM   #153
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Kolbe says to WAIT to start your CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
What is the drive goals bug exactly?
Rex mentioned on Twitter that the cause of the dramatic ratings increases during CFM games was related to an issue they identified internally with CFM Dynamic Drive Goals.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:19 PM   #154
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspring3
Basically as you successfully perform drive goals, your players in-game confidence will increase to the point that attributes will in fact go over 100 for certain players. This leads to high performance boosts.
My understanding is that it happens mostly in blowout type game. At least that's the explanation I got from some other OS members on Twitter yesterday. I played last night and got alerted I had met some goals, and didn't see any boosts of that kind of magnitude. Someone else may be able to shed more light on in than I .
Old 08-26-2015, 02:22 PM   #155
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I've said this before on here...and trust me I'm not gloating on being right, but they really need to get rid of this dynamic goal, XP, confidence crap. I honestly have no idea who likes this or wants it yet it is still causing problems in CFM.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 02:23 PM   #156
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
The main problem seems to be hitting these goals lead to an over inflation of certain ratings for positions and it effects all of that position on your team in game.

However, I seen a tweet by Kolbe stating they have only been able to replicate it in quarter of 8 minutes or more.
That makes sense as you would have more time to complete more and more goals, thus increasing the chances of atts going over 100. I play on 9 minute quarters now, and nearly peak each and every time.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 08-26-2015, 02:26 PM   #157
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I've said this before on here...and trust me I'm not gloating on being right, but they really need to get rid of this dynamic goal, XP, confidence crap. I honestly have no idea who likes this or wants it yet it is still causing problems in CFM.
The confidence stuff I can live with, it's basically in every sports game out there. I am right there with you on the dynamic goals, XP stuff. I don't want to play an RPG, I just want to sit down and play a game of football.

I know some people hated it, but I liked the somewhat pre-determined progression/regression system of Head Coach. Actually I thought that was the best franchise mode top to bottom of all time for console games. Why they went away from it, I will never get. If I could get Head Coach's off the field depth and design with the current version of Madden on the field, I may never leave the house.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:26 PM   #158
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

No game is free of defects. Everyone should accept that.

I will say that NBA 2K15, and MLB The Show 15 were two of the best sports games I've ever played/playing. (Can't wait for 2k16)

This Madden game is the best football game inside of "Play Now", I've ever played. It's everything outside at the moment that's burning. Hoping they can get as many fixes as possible.

Kudos to Kolbe for giving us the heads up, so this way we can really dig deep into this and start it right. He's a standout dude.

This is a perfect time for us to review what the slider experts are revealing.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:28 PM   #159
Where is A-Aron

bspring3's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
My understanding is that it happens mostly in blowout type game. At least that's the explanation I got from some other OS members on Twitter yesterday. I played last night and got alerted I had met some goals, and didn't see any boosts of that kind of magnitude. Someone else may be able to shed more light on in than I .
Yeah I have seen the same thing, I played as the Jags and they arent very good. So this bug really didnt effect me to much during my season.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:28 PM   #160
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Personally, I don't think its reasonable to declare the abject failure of a particular game design over a bug which will be gone in two weeks.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »