Home

Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers

This is a discussion on Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 02:31 PM   #161
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Kolbe says to WAIT to start your CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Even that I took last year has we just cant fix sacks in till madden 16 because are you meaning to tell me that you couldn't see how the CPU would take sacks after holding on to the ball for like 20 seconds? Do they really think QB just hold on hold on to the ball and never pass the ball like that?

Don't get me wrong I agree..but they have stated several times they don't test games anywhere near 15min quarter length...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 02:35 PM   #162
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The confidence stuff I can live with, it's basically in every sports game out there. I am right there with you on the dynamic goals, XP stuff. I don't want to play an RPG, I just want to sit down and play a game of football.

I know some people hated it, but I liked the somewhat pre-determined progression/regression system of Head Coach. Actually I thought that was the best franchise mode top to bottom of all time for console games. Why they went away from it, I will never get. If I could get Head Coach's off the field depth and design with the current version of Madden on the field, I may never leave the house.
I hate the XP stuff too. I'd be fine if you could assemble a better staff and have that help improve development, but in my opinion FIFA and NHL has progression right. They essentially assign growth ranges to different players based on real-life scouting projections. Even better, in NHL, the prospects star rating (which determines their progression range) can be edited before entering career mode.

Additionally, NHL's prospect development is also contingent upon whether the right type of player is slotted properly during development. I believe the NHL team also has a combination of bust mechanics. Some are hand-implemented applied to specific players, and there is also one applied at random.

For instance, in NHL 15, say you have a five star green prospect (highest potential) labeled as a future top line player. You draft him at 18 and his overall is 64. The top line on your NHL club is full of guys rated in the mid 80's. You could put him on your fourth line, but the combination of less play time, and wrong types of players, and style of game expected to play in that role hinder development. He's likely to bust if you play him in a role not matching his player type. Or maybe he'll develop into a serviceable fourth line which isn't maximizing what you could have gotten out of him.

The best option is to send him back to junior where he can play on the top line of his junior club. Maybe next year he has a huge jump and can play in your top six (where good offensive forwards usually play in hockey), or maybe he isn't quite ready to be a premier offensive player in the NHL. So, instead you assign him as the top center for your minor league affiliate where he gets to play top minutes in a top offensive role.

There is no screwing around with xp. Player development is about recognizing where their potential and role fit in in the organization, and playing them in the right place at the right time to maximize their potential range.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 08-26-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:38 PM   #163
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I hate the XP stuff too. I'd be fine if you could assemble a better staff and have that help improve development, but in my opinion FIFA and NHL has progression right. They essentially assign growth ranges to different players based on real-life scouting projections. Even better, in NHL, the prospects star rating (which determines their progression range) can be edited before entering career mode.

Additionally, NHL's prospect development is also contingent upon whether the right type of player is slotted properly during development. I believe the NHL team also has a combination of bust mechanics. Some are hand-implemented applied to specific players, and there is also one applied at random.

For instance, in NHL 15, say you have a five star green prospect (highest potential) labeled as a future top line player. You draft him at 18 and his overall is 64. The top line on your NHL club in full of guys rated in the mid 80's. You could put him on your fourth line, but the combination of less play time, and wrong types of players, and style of game expected to play in that role hinder development.

The best option is to send him back to junior where he can play on the top line of his junior club. Maybe next year he has a huge jump and can play in your top six (where good offensive forwards usually play in hockey), or maybe he isn't quite ready to be a premier offensive player in the NHL. So, instead you assign him as the top center for your minor league affiliate where he gets to play top minutes in a top offensive role.

There is no screwing around with xp. Player development is about recognizing where their potential and role fit in in the organization, and playing them in the right place at the right time to maximize their potential range.
That would be beautiful in Madden or The Show for that matter.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:39 PM   #164
Banned

I havent played Franchise mode in Madden since Madden 05 on PS2, I can wait for another month for a patch before I try out CFM in Madden 16. Since this mode is nowhere near where I want it to be and does not have draft classes Im not going to take it too seriously. Im going to get DeMarco Murray and DeMarcus Ware back on Dallas and try to win the SB, thats all I want to do.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:40 PM   #165
Rookie

Icon14 Re: Kolbe says to WAIT to start your CFM

I read this thread title as "Kolbe says to WAIT til Metal Gear Solid comes out"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 02:45 PM   #166
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy

For instance, in NHL 15, say you have a five star green prospect (highest potential) labeled as a future top line player. You draft him at 18 and his overall is 64. The top line on your NHL club is full of guys rated in the mid 80's. You could put him on your fourth line, but the combination of less play time, and wrong types of players, and style of game expected to play in that role hinder development. He's likely to bust if you play him in a role not matching his player type. Or maybe he'll develop into a serviceable fourth line which isn't maximizing what you could have gotten out of him.

Don't really play NHL but my god that sounds amazing
Old 08-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #167
Rookie

So what are the issues?
Old 08-26-2015, 02:48 PM   #168
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That would be beautiful in Madden or The Show for that matter.
NHL 15 gen 3 had the most balanced and well-tuned franchise mode I've seen on an EA console game.

I had a first round pick bust, I also had a first round pick take a long time to develop, but become a solid playmaker at 22 after building his game in the AHL. I even had a late rounder come out of nowhere in his second year as a pro to become a top defenceman. In the aggregate though, the tuning is excellent, far more of your prospects will never really become NHL caliber outside of the first round, and sometimes those first round guys a projects that can become top players if you are patient and put them in the right spots at the right times.

While development is largely based on slotting correctly, it is also influences by the variable of player performance within the sim engine. Like if a third line guy in the minor leagues performs above expected based on what happens in simmed games, he is going to grow more as a player. It never felt unbalanced. Just sometimes, randomly, the sim engine allowed for some guys to get on a roll, or perform above the statistical likelihood.

Overall development is pretty hands off, you interpret the data of his ratings and potential range, and decide where to stick the player in your organization based on what you think you'd like him to be for your organization in the future.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 08-26-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »