Home

NBA 2K16 Reveals All 12 Teams Added to the Classic Teams List

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Reveals All 12 Teams Added to the Classic Teams List within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2015, 04:52 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Reveals All 12 Teams Added to the Classic Teams List

Im happy with these selections as both were on my want list.
Really wanted Donyell, Big Z and Hughes for other classic teams
I want to build myself.

As for the Wolves glad to be getting Spree but its bitter sweet with
no Houston and Camby. Hoping Oliver Miller and Gary Trent make
it in because ill need them as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 04:54 PM   #122
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9

It's just now occurring to me that those original classic teams were put in there for classic match ups. Over time they just started adding more teams. Still hate they couldn't get that 77 Blazer team to face the Sixers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2015, 04:55 PM   #123
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
I have never really understood 2K's logic on some of the teams but surely there is one. Why have the 85 Sixers instead of 83 that is considered a top 10 all time team if you can't have Barkley?

If im not mistaken, they thought they had him some years back but things fell through last minute so they probably just kept the premade team.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:56 PM   #124
Banned

I honestly forgot about those 60s teams in 2k, as long as they keep the key players from those teams and put them in free agency or something, I wouldn't be mad if they removed those teams.

Last edited by king doe; 09-10-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:57 PM   #125
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
I have never really understood 2K's logic on some of the teams but surely there is one. Why have the 85 Sixers instead of 83 that is considered a top 10 all time team if you can't have Barkley?
My theory on the Sixers team is this: NBA 2K originally banked on Charles Barkley coming aboard for 2K12, with all his fellow legend compatriots (even Kareem agreed to be included, for crying out loud).

If 2K was planning on Barkley coming aboard, the '85 Sixers would have made sense. As you acknowledged, without Barkley, the '85 team makes no sense, at least considering the '83 team was out there and available.

If I had to guess, a potential '93 Suns team was pulled altogether because without Charles Barkley, that team loses its identity outright (I swear I saw cyberfaces of many of his teammates, like Mark West, hacked on 2K12). On the other hand, I hypothesized that 2K felt Julius Erving could still carry the 1985 Sixers team they'd already created, even in the absence of Barkley.

Plus, it may have had to stay as a 1985 team to make it compatible with the Legends Showcase they had that year (where two teams from the same year faced one another).

Edit: Sigh, Lakers24 already summed it up in 243 less words...

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-10-2015 at 05:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 05:00 PM   #126
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Really? No kings teams of the early 2000's??

Webber, Divac. Peja, Christie, Bibby and Bobby... Scott Pollard,

Come on.. How do they not make it???? WAAAAY more classic than the early T Wolves
Old 09-10-2015, 05:01 PM   #127
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
My theory on the Sixers team is this: NBA 2K originally banked on Charles Barkley coming aboard for 2K12, with all his fellow legend compatriots (even Kareem agreed to be included, for crying out loud).

If 2K was planning on Barkley coming aboard, the '85 Sixers would have made sense. As you acknowledged, without Barkley, the '85 team makes no sense, at least considering the '83 team was out there and available.

If I had to guess, a potential '93 Suns team was pulled altogether because without Charles Barkley, that team loses its identity outright (I swear I saw cyberfaces of many of his teammates, like Mark West, hacked on 2K12). On the other hand, I hypothesized that 2K felt Julius Erving could still carry the 1985 Sixers team they'd already created, even in the absence of Barkley.

Plus, it may have had to stay as a 1985 team to make it compatible with the Legends Showcase they had that year (where two teams from the same year faced one another).

I've had way too much time to think about all this...

Good points. Yes there was a CF for frank Johnson even. They used Chambers and Cellabos in the DLC. I bet they were banking on him.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:03 PM   #128
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

[quote=VDusen04;2047650874]I think that becomes the question now. Did someone take care of these teams, applying the customary 2K Details & Little Things Stamp of Approval, or will it be another Larry "TINA TURNER" Bird situation?

fixed lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »