Home

NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 01:27 PM   #273
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDisk
Maybe tweaking the Aggressivity slider has a good impact on penalties... Will have to try this out.

But anyhow, let's do some Maths here. Let's say you play 5 minutes periods and penalties at full time. Basically, time played for each penalty = 2min x 4 = 8 minutes. So a single penalty gives you the equivalent of 4 penalties (at 4x pace, which 5 minutes period use, cause 5 x 4 = 20 minutes).

See what I did here?

Another example, you play 8 minutes periods? 20 / 8 = 2.5x pace. So, 2 minutes at "real-time" (penalty slider maxed) => 5 minutes of "in-game" time.

What I mean here is, I understand the frustration about having only 1 or 2 PP a game, but if you think about it with a pragmatic mindset, this is actually pretty realistic. Because of time dilatation, it results in a pretty realistic special unit percentage of actual (real-world) time of game. So yeah, PP opportunities will be super low in the Team Standings, but PP% should be higher (vs no time-dilation and more PPs), so it evens out in the PPG statistic.

It's just a way to twist your thoughts to not get so mad about this, if you will hahaha. I would rather have more penalties and less time dilatation on the PP.
I only wish you were right because then we could just adjust the penalty time scale slider and correct the issue but this theory is not new going back to at least NHL 14 and even on 20 min periods people were only seeing 0-2 penalties a game. Additionally I have tried over the years maxing and minimizing the aggressive slider to no avail. It's something deeper that they really need to fix for us.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:01 PM   #274
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay

For penalties.. on 0 there should be no penalties, maxed out there should be a ton, regardless of how many minutes you are playing - I mean, isn't that what a slider is for, a min and max setting and finding that sweet spot for what you are wanting?

Madden FINALLY fixed their penalty sliders after many, many years.. it's time NHL does the same.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:25 PM   #275
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
For penalties.. on 0 there should be no penalties, maxed out there should be a ton, regardless of how many minutes you are playing - I mean, isn't that what a slider is for, a min and max setting and finding that sweet spot for what you are wanting?

Madden FINALLY fixed their penalty sliders after many, many years.. it's time NHL does the same.
They should be that way, but never will be that way as long as we have these slides that only actually have 3/4/5 levels rather than 0-100. It's an issue across the board for this series - player/team ratings using what equates to a 80-95 scale, sliders only having what is essentially "low, medium, high" options, which also don't seem to ever work consistently.

The lack of customizability in this series vs. most (all?) other sports titles really hurts the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 02:36 PM   #276
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Played a couple games of EASHL drop in games. Eh... It was ok, had some fun but without the ability to improve my player and mess around moving attribute points around I see no reason to play this mode other than just to get a game in here or there. Nothing in this mode makes me what to spend hours and hours playing it, badges are just dumb.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
With a group of us it's really really fun. Way better than drop-in games full of puck-hogs and defensemen playing out of position because they're too pissed they didn't get a forward spot
Old 09-14-2015, 02:42 PM   #277
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

OVR: 0

Two questions for Be A GM players out there:

1) Can you see AHL player stats? Someone mentioned you can't but I believe you can play the games so I'd hate fro them not to keep AHL stats

2) Can you play Be A GM with a created team (after subbing them in for a real team)?

Let's Go Bucs
Old 09-14-2015, 02:48 PM   #278
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
They should be that way, but never will be that way as long as we have these slides that only actually have 3/4/5 levels rather than 0-100. It's an issue across the board for this series - player/team ratings using what equates to a 80-95 scale, sliders only having what is essentially "low, medium, high" options, which also don't seem to ever work consistently.

The lack of customizability in this series vs. most (all?) other sports titles really hurts the game.
THIS!

I dont know why EA limits the sliders from 0-6 instead of 0-20 or 0-50 or even 0-100? Higher ratings provide more flexibility.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:09 PM   #279
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah

hitz pro had sliders like that. they worked amazing
Old 09-14-2015, 04:12 PM   #280
MVP

OVR: 15

quick questions
are there new penalties?
are you seeing the cpu go offsides?
are you seeing pucks go out of play??
is there a stoppage for a hand pass??
can goalies lose their sticks??
can you be called for too many men on the ice??
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »