Home

NBA Live 16 Demo Available For Xbox One and PS4, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Demo Available For Xbox One and PS4, Post Your Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 01:07 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 16 Demo Available Now For Xbox One, 1 PM ET For PS4, Post Your Impressio

game isn't in the psstore
Old 09-15-2015, 01:08 PM   #18
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA Live 16 Demo Available Now For Xbox One, 1 PM ET For PS4, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Shooting feels far too easy. Once you get timing down you can easily hit threes from almost any distance.
The timing has very little to do with the shot actually going in. It's based more on actual player percentages. Are you finding something different?
Old 09-15-2015, 01:10 PM   #19
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
As I play more and more Pro am is actually fun...the REAL NBA game needs work in a major way from control issues ,silly animations,unstoppable layups,rebounding issues,the cpu opponent and teammate ai are questionable(especially switching over defensively).theres still the cpu ai "speeding up" to you on a fastbreak...its alot once you actually sit and play the play now mode and the new smell rubs off

One real thing I'll give live over the comp until I play it to really confirm is the plays..I love how it doesnt take forever for plays to act out its snappy and fluid as hell

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk
This was an immediate thing I noticed. I've been able to remedy it somewhat by tapping down on the D-pad in transition to reset my man defense, but it is definitely a problem that I've already reached out to people about.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:10 PM   #20
dtq
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
My impressions.. As an all out live fan. Good game but this should have been Live 14. Not Live 16
I agree with you and echo the same sentiment. This game feels like an iteration (or two) behind. To be honest, EA should focus on what it does best and that is street ball. Bring back the NBA Street franchise and focus on arcade basketball because its simulation basketball always feels a bit lacking. While playing the demo, I cannot shake the feeling that this doesn't resemble NBA basketball as much as the other game because the wonky animations kill the immersion for me. Things just don't blend in well. A well oiled engine it is not; the sputtering needs to be addressed.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:14 PM   #21
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
The timing has very little to do with the shot actually going in. It's based more on actual player percentages. Are you finding something different?
Then that makes it even worse. My Pro-Am player is a 67 rated 3pt shooter and I'm dropping bombs consistently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 01:16 PM   #22
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Then that makes it even worse. My Pro-Am player is a 67 rated 3pt shooter and I'm dropping bombs consistently.
What are the %s on the shot's you're making? You can go into your pro-am stats and see your shooting stats, can you take a screenshot and post it?
Old 09-15-2015, 01:16 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
You might just be really good then...I played around 20 pro-am games last night and I didn't see anyone lighting it up. Only time I saw a few in a row go in the guy was wide open every time...
Old 09-15-2015, 01:17 PM   #24
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1

Is the demo not out yet for ps4?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »