Home

NBA 2K16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2015, 05:02 PM   #137
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here

After finally getting to play today after getting the game last night and the 9 freaking hours it took to install I have to say pretty impressed with the 1 full game Ive played.

I will only play with real life rules and minutes so my 1st game was the 64-65 Celtics and 64-65 Lakers, lost 107-93 on All Star sim with OTB,Charging and Loose ball fouls all bump up by 30, these were the only sliders I touched and I got a wonderful game.

Hard to give much impressions after just 1 game, but I can say it was the most realistic simulation of 1 game of basketball I have ever played without adjusting sliders quite a bit, and even then the smoothest and footplanting were by far the best ever with any basketball game, although we all know the only real basketball game made for a very ong time has been NBA2k,lol.

Free Throws aren't nearly as easy for both you and the AI, and especially when your on the road, love the screen shake when shooting away from home.

Didn't feel the need to have to try and be the guy to get the rebound or try and block the shot because my AI teammates actually played with some brains finally after all these years.

Shooting isn't nearly as easy as it was last year, after they broke NBA2k15 with patching shooting to make it easier. Hopefully they don't listen to all the crybaby online players this year and break the game once again.

Love how shooters come off screens, its so lifelike now, and jus the over all movement is incredible.

Only issue I see in actual gameplay is they still haven't fixed players being in foul trouble sitting long enough. In the 1 game I played the subbing pattern did seem slightly improved but hard to tell with playing classic teams as there isn't many subs anyway with guys playing so many minutes, so that's a wait an see really.

Not sure VIP stats are working, but that might be because I only played 1 game, and I know its use to be 2 games played before you saw any stats in VIP.

Im definitely not a fanboy and will tell it like it is if the game is junk or has major issues, and obviously 1 game played your not going to find major bugs typically anyway. The REAL impression will be down the line if MY GM and My League are working right with sim stats, trades and FA signings, as that's where the NBA2k devs screw things up most years.

I can say from a gameplay standpoint its by far the best ever, no more sliding and your AI teammates being stupid, as well as feeling the Computer itself is getting magical boost to beat you or comeback, not that I ever felt there was a comeback code anyway, but now they just feel to change up gameplans and punish where you weak during the game.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-25-2015, 05:02 PM   #138
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins

Can't get a game on ProAM because most cowards keep quitting during the wait time. But the servers still having issues for the umpteenth year in a row is disturbing. Other than that I loved designing the home court for My Team.
I think if we wait a week or two more people will have bought the game, thus we can get more people for ProAm. Calling them cowards over a game is kind of weird lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2015, 05:09 PM   #139
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

Man the post is difficult this year. I can't seem to figure it out yet.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #140
Rookie

Deflo_'s Arena

OVR: 5

Simply amazing
Old 09-25-2015, 05:21 PM   #141
Rookie

Afro_Explosion's Arena

I've only been playing for about 20 minutes, but this feels entirely different from 2k15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 05:21 PM   #142
MVP

Presentation went to another level. That half time show is unreal!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2015, 05:24 PM   #143
MVP

OK, I figured out OTF Subs. Down on the D pad brings up your players on the floor now you must use the right stick to the corresponding player you want to sub out The Point Guard is up on the right stick. It sends you to the players on the bench that can fill that role. Now select one based on the right stick direction press circle and he starts to walk towards the Press table. The Manual doesn't go into detail at all, just down on the d pad follow on screen display. That's literally all they say.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:28 PM   #144
Rookie

just had my first green release miss with Joe Johnson lol

Funny thing is on the possession after, I got another green release with Joe Johnson that went in.

Looks like his shot is easy to master

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »