Home

WWE 2K16 Season Pass and DLC Details Revealed, Trailer Included

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 Season Pass and DLC Details Revealed, Trailer Included within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:17 AM   #65
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: WWE 2K16 Season Pass and DLC Details Revealed, Trailer Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Also, they locked the roster and DLC this summer. While fighters like Charlotte and Sasha were popular with NXT fans mid summer, they were pretty much non-existent to most WWE fans. There is a large segment of the fanbase who doesnt watch NXT.
I mean, the DLC has Blake and Murphy. Those guys aren't even that popular with NXT fans.
As the women were in NXT at the time of roster lock, the only fair thing to do is compare their NXT prominence to others from NXT that made it in. I'd argue they've been more important in NXT than the Vaudevillains, Blake and Murphy, Baron Corbin, or even Hideo Itami. I'm glad to have those guys, but the women were more important than they were during development.

But it is what it is at this point. Hopefully as much of their stuff is available as options for creations to help make that easier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 11:19 AM   #66
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I mean, the DLC has Blake and Murphy. Those guys aren't even that popular with NXT fans.
As the 4HW were in NXT at the time of roster lock, the only fair thing to do is compare their NXT prominence to others from NXT that made it in. I'd argue they've been more important in NXT than the Vaudevillains, Blake and Murphy, Baron Corbin, or even Hideo Itami. I'm glad to have those guys, but the women were more important than they were during development.

But it is what it is at this point. Hopefully as much of their stuff is available as options for creations to help make that easier.
Blake and Murphy were tag champs at the time of WM, I was personally surprised they weren't announced as being in game when it shipped.

But I agree that the 4HW are more important than a lot of the men. Itami maybe not but I agree with the others you listed.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 10-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #67
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

You guys keep talking about these other NXT people but fail to acknowledge the fact that they're guys. We hear fans of these games bitch about the women wrestlers taking up roster spots every year and I guarantee you 2K has the usage data to back up all the guys that brag about how they never use the divas in the game every year and that's even when we were getting Trish, Lita and AJ in game consistently and the three of them are on a whole other level of popularity than these 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2015, 12:04 PM   #68
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
You guys keep talking about these other NXT people but fail to acknowledge the fact that they're guys. We hear fans of these games bitch about the women wrestlers taking up roster spots every year and I guarantee you 2K has the usage data to back up all the guys that brag about how they never use the divas in the game every year and that's even when we were getting Trish, Lita and AJ in game consistently and the three of them are on a whole other level of popularity than these 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. As horrible as it is to say. If you looked at usage data I'd wager less than 25% actually use the Divas.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:39 PM   #69
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
The way you worded your argument holds not validity because they do have a decent sized NXT roster of people who haven't moved to the main brand. The 4HW were some of the most popular performers, and as, if not more popular than some of the male figures they put in.

They already scanned Sasha Banks.

But I do believe it has already been established that it was 2K's decision.

They are males. There isn't one NXT diva in the game. ****, I don't even think that there is one new current diva in the game. 2k wanted an NXT presence in the game but they focused on the males because most people play with the male wrestlers.

There is a big difference between Scanning and creating an entire character with an accurate moveset and entrance.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

As aholebert said,it's takes awhile to create these wrestlers. I think I saw somewhere that it's like 2 months.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:51 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They are males. There isn't one NXT diva in the game. ****, I don't even think that there is one new current diva in the game. 2k wanted an NXT presence in the game but they focused on the males because most people play with the male wrestlers.

There is a big difference between Scanning and creating an entire character with an accurate moveset and entrance.
Eva Marie and Emma are still NXT divas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 01:00 PM   #72
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandere313
Eva Marie and Emma are still NXT divas
Emma was on the main roster when it was finalized. I dont think she was sent back down until after WM.

As for Eva Marie, she wasn't even really wrestling when things were finailzed. Only reason she is in the game is because of Total Divas.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »