Home

NHL 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-06-2015, 02:48 PM   #41
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included

Holy crap is the skating ever different. The effect of momentum seems dramatically reduced. You definitely have a lot more control of your players. I'm not sure if it's a more accurate representation of the physics of skating or not. Feels somewhere between NHL 12 and NHL 14.

It is way easier to defend and maintain your gap on the rush, and it's also easier to keep the puck in the zone on passes to the point. I guess I would say skating is more precise. There seems to be less of a dramatic effect on movement acceleration and momentum with every input of the left stick.

Make no mistake, the skating, and general movement is as dramatic a change as I've seen to core gameplay in this series in a long time. Probably as big as the November patch for FIFA 15 last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I'm definitely seeing the difference in hitting tendencies noted in the first post. On default All-Star hardcore the CPU is taking the body quite a bit more on defense (because it won't just hit from the front now), and it's resulting in some boarding calls which were extremely rare before. Previously almost all penalties the CPU would take involved the stick (tripping, hooking, slashing, high-sticking) so getting a physical penalty back in there is a welcome sight.

Of course the passing and shooting sliders still need a tweak to get down to realistic levels, but I'm just on default for now like Mill was suggesting we do.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #43
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I feel like the roster made an effort to lower some of the ratings. Not to a huge degree, but there seems to be more of a gap in the 80's range. Guys like Raffi Torres or Chris Neil would be an 83 before, and now they're 81. Seems like higher rated guys have remained the same, but the 84 and below have dropped an overall point or two, or three.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:11 PM   #44
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowellj
Will these changes integrate into your already-started Be A GM mode ??
Or do you have to start a new one ?
Most of it will. You will not be able to have the 3rd jerseys though because once again, instead of EA putting the jerseys in the patch they put them in the roster update.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:27 PM   #45
Just started!

In HUT i believe that ea added a Default and a Generic goal horn option for your team, and removed the team's horn that belongs with your arena. I have MSG as my arena, but the Default and Generic horns are the Devils, when I assumed that Default would be the Rangers's. Does anyone else have this problem or am I doing something wrong? Also props to ea for fixing the horns, now they need to add the missing horns and songs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2015, 05:44 PM   #46
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuuuuc
In HUT i believe that ea added a Default and a Generic goal horn option for your team, and removed the team's horn that belongs with your arena. I have MSG as my arena, but the Default and Generic horns are the Devils, when I assumed that Default would be the Rangers's. Does anyone else have this problem or am I doing something wrong? Also props to ea for fixing the horns, now they need to add the missing horns and songs
I bought the Bruins arena to test this, and when set to default, the correct bruins horn played. And, the boston bruins horn option was still availble. However, i cannot find the rangers horn still. Glitch?
Old 11-06-2015, 06:48 PM   #47
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I just played a few more games. 2 on default then went back to my sliders and played one. I seem to get one if two types of game. I get one that the CPU is very passive, no penalties, and the CPU dumps a lot instead of that skate back with the puck until they can enter garbage. The other type the CPU plays aggressive, I get penalties, but the CPU dumps less. I could live with latter. There is good in this update I can't put my finger on it but some things just feel better. I still believe that much like the sliders when EA tunes or updates this game by fixing one thing something else gets affected and often not in a positive way. When I said the Dev team was in over their heads I meant that they are trying to tune an AI that's fatally flawed. It's not their fault and I should have been more clear they are trying to help and work with what they have. Unless the powers that be allow them to rebuild the AI from scratch all they can do is try and tune this up the best they can and it's never, in it's current state be what it should be. If I can find away to eliminate that odd game where the CPU goes into passive mode I will be happy.
Im still downloading the update it says it will take 5 hours ? so Im hoping for many nice changes but Jake dont you think much of what your seeing when you say two different games depends on the Strategy ? you know depending on score or momentum whether their passive or aggressive ect ?

??? on default offline is anyone one seeing more organic gameplay ? real pucks physics and less robotic boost hockey ?

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 11-06-2015 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:22 PM   #48
Rookie

Anyone know if offensive faceoff is fixed in left circle in off. zone? Last I played team got into regular formation even if I chose offensive...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »