Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Features Revealed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Features Revealed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2015, 11:01 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Features Revealed

Can you talk about gameplay mechanics yet?

If so I'll keep it short, how did you feel about the new grapple system, new KO physics, and is the new submission system as kickass as it sounds?

My highlights from the list.
Quote:
Knockout Physics System - A revolutionary new physics-driven hit reaction and knockout system delivers more visceral, more rewarding, and more authentic KOs than ever before. Every knockout is now unique, and finishing the fight has never been more satisfying.
Next-Level Submissions - Surprise your opponent with a flying armbar from the clinch, or with a quick transition from a knee bar to a heel hook. The addition of standing submissions and submission chaining (sequences) takes EA SPORTS UFC 2’s grappling game to the next level.
Dynamic Grappling - For the first time in any MMA game, experience the freedom of independent fighter control in every grappling situation. Simultaneous two-fighter interaction brings the ground game to life with greater responsiveness and variety.
Ultimate Defense - You can’t hurt what you can’t hit. Greater control over your fighter’s head movement lets you slip and dodge incoming strikes with amazing fluidity. Add an improved blocking and parrying system to the mix and you have new tools to fend off your opponent’s most devastating attacks.
Custom Event Creator – UFC events deliver excitement at every turn and picking the fight card is at the heart of creating one of the biggest sporting spectacles in the world. Step into the shoes of a matchmaker and build the fight card of your dreams by choosing from hundreds of mixed martial artists. Select iconic venues, authentic referees, and custom fight settings, then play the event from start to finish and make sure the results live up to the hype.

Last edited by Phobia; 11-13-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:07 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I can finally talk about some things. LOL.

Feel free to ask me questions about the game. I cant get into specifics like "Is Sage Northcutt in the game" but I can give my thoughts on some of the features.
Thanks aholbert!
Can you get more into the level of depth training camp offers?
Is it the same routine of performing in mini-games, earning points and then applying them to your fighter?

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2015, 11:17 AM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Can you talk about gameplay mechanics yet?

If so I'll keep it short, how did you feel about the new grapple system, new KO physics, and is the new submission system as kickass as it sounds?

My highlights from the list.

I can talk about it all actually. The new grapple system is equally deep and easier to for people to pick up. They have add over a thousand new moves/animations just when it comes to grappling. This is an area that you guys have had a ton of information about for months but didnt realize it. GameplayDev has been posting stop action movies of some of the new moves. Some of those clips have clues to other moves in the game like using the cage, arm traps and strike catches.

It all flows more naturally and looks more realistic. Its also more user friendly and easier to pick up with the new Grapple Assist Hud. For people who struggle to know what to do on the ground, there is a small hud that shows u what move will occur if you move in a certain direction. This feature isnt for the hardcore folks who know the game. Its for people who are trying to learn the ground game.

The new KO physics are good. Its true ragdoll physics so no more canned KO animations.

The new submissions feature goes hand and hand with the grappling improvements. They pretty much added things that were in UFC 3 like submission chaining and standing subs but add things like arm traps leading to a sub attempt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 11:18 AM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Thanks aholbert!
Can you get more into the level of depth training camp offers?
Is it the same routine of performing in mini-games, earning points and then applying them to your fighter?

Thanks!
I cant get into to much depth because I think there will be a blog about this in the next few months. Once I get the go ahead, I will have plenty to say.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:30 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9
Can you say if there are sliders or if we have the ability of edit ratings of the current roster?
Old 11-13-2015, 11:33 AM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
Can you say if there are sliders or if we have the ability of edit ratings of the current roster?
Not yet. Sorry.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:40 AM   #15
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Nice to get some info, but now I want to play it lol. Gonna be a long wait until release date. This writeup has gotten me more excited than I already was. Guess I'll just keep playing the first one in the meantime.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2
what is your opinion on how in depth the customization is in create a fighter? Will we be able to share fighters online for others to download?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »