Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Closed Beta Launches on January 28

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Closed Beta Launches on January 28 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2016, 11:11 AM   #129
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
EA Sports UFC 2 Closed Beta Launches on January 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Because to some people it is like winning the lottery I guess.

But you're right, it's not that big a deal.

We want some people to help stress test the game, and there are enough people who care enough to take the time to sign up to play the game early.

Win/win, but at the end of the day the game will be released and you can choose to buy it or not.
You said that as if "I" don't care and haven't tried everything listed. Its falls clearly on EA for how bad this closed beta has operated, not on if people care enough!! Like aholbert ive been to EA Vancouver as a gamechanger, owned every UFC game released, still play the hell out of UFC 1 online, and 100% buying UFC 2. Your comment was directed as if 1) I didnt care enough to try 2) Just trolling EA and might not even purchase the game.

Those are both completely wrong assessments, im a devoted EA UFC fan and have tried everything to get into the beta. I cant fix the closed beta issues of guys like myself not getting a code, all I can do is complain how its not working.

Sent from da lil phone.

Last edited by Phobia; 01-17-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:21 PM   #130
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Closed Beta Launches on January 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
You said that as if "I" don't care and haven't tried everything listed. Its falls clearly on EA for how bad this closed beta has operated, not on if people care enough!! Like aholbert ive been to EA Vancouver as a gamechanger, owned every UFC game released, still play the hell out of UFC 1 online, and 100% buying UFC 2. Your comment was directed as if 1) I didnt care enough to try 2) Just trolling EA and might not even purchase the game.

Those are both completely wrong assessments, im a devoted EA UFC fan and have tried everything to get into the beta. I cant fix the closed beta issues of guys like myself not getting a code, all I can do is complain how its not working.

Sent from da lil phone.
I think you are overreacting a little Phobia. There is nothing in GPD's statement that was directed at what you have done to get in the beta. If anything he was agreeing with you in saying that it shouldnt be that big of deal.

Look, everybody agrees that this system has been screwed up from the jump. ****, half of the gamechangers havent been able to register for the beta and they worked on the game.

EA's communication regarding this whole thing has been piss poor. One, even though they in all their communications they said "a chance to participate", they shouldve made it clear that not every one would be able to get a code. Two, I think we all agree it shouldve been an open beta.

With that said, the steps GPD and I listed have worked for some people. I've seen a good amount of people realize that they entered the wrong email or their preferences or location was wrong and thats why it isnt working. It sucks that people like you and BCruise have done all the right things and still cant get in.

Apparently there are more invited being made available on Thursday so keep trying and hopefully this will work out.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:05 PM   #131
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Maybe I am but the two comments of "people took the time to sign up because they care" and "you can buy it or not" to me came off how i responded.

My take on it could be wrong, it just seemed snarky to me. I'm just frustrated.

Sent from da lil phone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2016, 03:42 PM   #132
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Maybe I am but the two comments of "people took the time to sign up because they care" and "you can buy it or not" to me came off how i responded.

My take on it could be wrong, it just seemed snarky to me. I'm just frustrated.

Sent from da lil phone.
I get it. Yeah, I took those comments like "I agree thats its not that big of a deal because 1) its only a week long beta and its not like you wont have the chance to buy the game later and 2) EA will still have plenty of people who are able to get in so that they can stress test the game." Thats why I think he said "win/win".

Anyway, it sucks because a good deal of the issues have been solved by people using their origin account or changing the preferences.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:42 PM   #133
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Okkkk well I guess no beta for me. Far far to much BS just to try the game a couple weeks early. I dont understand why these things have to be treated like you are winning the lottery. Yes, I would love to get my paws on the beta but Im not fighting and jumping through all these hoops.

Sent from da lil phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Because to some people it is like winning the lottery I guess.

But you're right, it's not that big a deal.

We want some people to help stress test the game, and there are enough people who care enough to take the time to sign up to play the game early.

Win/win, but at the end of the day the game will be released and you can choose to buy it or not.
Even though I'm already registered, I agree with Phobia. Why not just make it an open beta and release it on PS Store and XBL store? Why make it difficult and have people sign up?

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-17-2016, 06:12 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 1

A simple way to do the closed beta would've been to do it like Black Ops 3 and allow those who pre-order to get access. No lottery system, and they'd get feedback from those who've already invested into the product

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2016, 06:33 PM   #135
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
Even though I'm already registered, I agree with Phobia. Why not just make it an open beta and release it on PS Store and XBL store? Why make it difficult and have people sign up?
Thats not a GPD or dev question though. Thats an EA question and probably a question for someone much higher up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2016, 06:44 PM   #136
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats not a GPD or dev question though. Thats an EA question and probably a question for someone much higher up.
I know, I wasn't directing it at GDP, just speaking aloud. I just think it would be easier and better for everyone.

Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »