Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2016, 08:47 AM   #41
Rowengartner

rodperezto's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

I tried asking some questions during the stream but there were way too many questions and mine got buried somewhere in there.

Does anyone know if:

1. Framerate will remain as smooth as it looks in the streams? If yes, do loading screens take longer than last year because of it? I wouldn't mind waiting 30 secs longer for better framerate.

2. Do flag shadows move on the field? Last year they were static. No biggie, just curious.

3. Did Wilmer Flores, Juan Lagares and Noah Syndergaard get new facescans this spring? They stilll seem to have their old generic caps. I know they'd be in next year's game but it'd be something to look forward to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2016, 09:33 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodperezto
I tried asking some questions during the stream but there were way too many questions and mine got buried somewhere in there.

Does anyone know if:

1. Framerate will remain as smooth as it looks in the streams? If yes, do loading screens take longer than last year because of it? I wouldn't mind waiting 30 secs longer for better framerate.

2. Do flag shadows move on the field? Last year they were static. No biggie, just curious.

3. Did Wilmer Flores, Juan Lagares and Noah Syndergaard get new facescans this spring? They stilll seem to have their old generic caps. I know they'd be in next year's game but it'd be something to look forward to.
Noah wasn't in last years game, he was a CAP. Lagares has a generic face again as does Todd Frazier
Old 03-16-2016, 10:13 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream Starts Now - Graphics Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Yeah, they scrapped them. Seems logical.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
I understand the sarcasm but when they promote the thread as classic stadium deep dive and never even mention classic stadiums I understand why some people are nervous.

My guess is either the devs who work on stadiums weren't available or they are still working on classic stadiums.

As Ramone said on the video the game is finished, disc being pressed and shipped but I'm pretty sure the last time they had classic stadiums they weren't on the disc. They were a download. If classic stadiums are again a download on the release date of 3/29 they could still be polishing the product which would explain why they didn't show them.

I'm not being critical because SCEA and Ramone do a great job of promoting the game but it wouldn't have hurt to at least mention classic stadiums since the stream was promoted as classic stadium deep dive.

Last edited by tessl; 03-16-2016 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:22 AM   #44
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9
MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I understand the sarcasm but when the promote the thread as classic stadium deep dive and never even mention classic stadiums I understand why some people are nervous.

My guess is either the devs who work on stadiums weren't available or they are still working on classic stadiums.

As Ramone said on the video the game is finished, disc being pressed and shipped but I'm pretty sure the last time they had classic stadiums they weren't on the disc. They were a download. If classic stadiums are again a download on the release date of 3/29 they could still be polishing the product which would explain why they didn't show them.

I'm not being critical because SCEA and Ramone do a great job of promoting the game but it wouldn't have hurt to at least mention classic stadiums since the stream was promoted as classic stadium deep dive.
I wouldn't worry about the classic stadiums not being in the game or the lack of info on them from yesterday. They even answered some questions about them in yesterday's stream. And if you notice the last thing mentioned on the blog and twitch stream schedule, it says "schedule is tentative and subject to change."

Old 03-16-2016, 11:12 AM   #45
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

Quote:

I wonder this as well.
I noticed it particular in AT&T Park where all the small flags above infield upperdeck are moving in the wind but static in the shadows on the field.

Indeed no biggie but would be nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2016, 11:17 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
I wouldn't worry about the classic stadiums not being in the game or the lack of info on them from yesterday. They even answered some questions about them in yesterday's stream. And if you notice the last thing mentioned on the blog and twitch stream schedule, it says "schedule is tentative and subject to change."

I watched both streams in their entirety. Aside from a comment from Nick about the Polo Grounds which I didn't understand I don't remember anything about classic stadium.

Last edited by tessl; 03-16-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:21 AM   #47
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:

You could tell that Ramone was kind of getting tired of the face scan questions yesterday. There were a lot of "I don't know" answers so I assume it would have been the same for these three.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:37 AM   #48
Rowengartner

rodperezto's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
You could tell that Ramone was kind of getting tired of the face scan questions yesterday. There were a lot of "I don't know" answers so I assume it would have been the same for these three.
Definitely understand.
On the other hand, what I'd like to know is whether they did facescans this spring. If they did, we won't see them until The Show 17.

I saw Flores, Lagares and Thor with generic caps on the streams this year, so, again, no biggie. It won't make me enjoy the game less.

The answer to the framerate question would be great to know, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »