Home

R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #17
Rookie

idigfoo9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available Today For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

So refresh my memory, since I played mostly exhibition games on 15, what happens after the World Series in season mode? Do you just start another season with the same players year after year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2016, 04:17 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available Today For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

Here's some Xbox One RBI Baseball 16 gameplay featuring the Toronto Blue Jays against the Tampa Bay Rays in Opening Day of Season mode:

It seems like even on Medium difficulty, you can leave tired pitchers in way past their expiration point and the CPU won't capitalize that much. In this particular game, R.A. Dickey got most of his 17 strikeouts after all of his stamina was gone.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:48 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

The online experience has not been good so far on Xbox One.

It took me about 5 to 15 minutes of continuous searching to find an opponent for an online game, even during prime time in the evening.

Of the three games I did manage to start tonight, all of them had very noticeable input lag and screen stuttering. And two of them were automatically aborted before the end of the third inning due to a bandwidth error:

Old 03-30-2016, 07:20 AM   #20
All Star

OVR: 35

How's the gameplay jyoung? Does it feel different from last year, as the developer stated above?
Old 03-30-2016, 09:50 AM   #21
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4
Is there a Roster Editing feature?
Is it easily possible to Edit the Names, Players, Positions, Attributes of the Rosters?
Say I wanted to re-create the 1927 Yankees...can I do it?

I want to buy this game (via Steam)...but if you can't truly change it up, I'll pass on it, again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 10:17 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

this is the same game as last year. A little better graphics. but where is this dive button? do they just dive automatically and randomly?
Old 03-30-2016, 02:59 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowhop
Is there a Roster Editing feature?
Is it easily possible to Edit the Names, Players, Positions, Attributes of the Rosters?
The only adjustments you can make to the rosters are changing players' positions and moving them around the bench/reserves/starters screens.

There are no trades or player editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryhuz99
but where is this dive button? do they just dive automatically and randomly?
Diving and jumping is completely automated for some reason. There's no dive/jump button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
How's the gameplay jyoung? Does it feel different from last year, as the developer stated above?
I didn't play RBI 15 but I played RBI 14 and it still feels pretty similar to that one overall. The improvements since then are more subtle tweaks than major earth-shaking moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idigfoo9
So refresh my memory, since I played mostly exhibition games on 15, what happens after the World Series in season mode? Do you just start another season with the same players year after year?
The schedule resets and you start playing the next season immediately. There's no off-season, draft, free agency, or player progression.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:56 PM   #24
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

I might snag this on my iPhone. Can you play multiple seasons like the console versions?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »