Home

R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-30-2016, 10:52 PM   #25
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

I cannot hit on this game. 3 games in and I have two runs total on easy. Can't believe I can hit on the show but not this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 02:01 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
I cannot hit on this game. 3 games in and I have two runs total on easy. Can't believe I can hit on the show but not this game
Maybe you're accidentally triggering the grounder swing (up on joystick) or the power swing (down on joystick)?

I've had the most hitting success with the neutral swing (no command on joystick).

You can also get a hitting boost by bringing in a pinch hitter or by having a hitter at the plate with handedness that's opposite the pitcher's throwing hand.

Quote:
I might snag this on my iPhone. Can you play multiple seasons like the console versions?
I haven't played that version yet but I'd assume it's the best value just based on its price if the features are at all similar to the console version.

Last edited by jyoung; 03-31-2016 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:13 AM   #27
All Star

OVR: 35

I bought the IOS version and played about half a game last night. The gameplay is very similar to last year's, though I did see a few dives/jumps and the number of gappers seemed to be less than last year. The ball is very hard to see on the mobile version, both coming from the pitchers hand and in the field. Several people have complained on the App Store reviews about that, so hopefully it will be patched. I enjoyed the game last year, though the fact you had to play every game during the season was frustrating, so the ability to sim games (and updated rosters) will make it worth my $5.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:43 AM   #28
MLB Games Developer

MLBGames's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness

Are you playing the mobile version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
The ball is very hard to see on the mobile version, both coming from the pitchers hand and in the field.

There is a mobile patch in the works to make the ball the same size as it was in 15 , as well as some performance improvements to reduce the occasional hitches. We had made the ball smaller for consoles and Steam, because it was comically large (bigger than a softball), but this doesn't work on mobile. This patch should land sometime next week.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:44 AM   #29
MLB Games Developer

MLBGames's Arena

Another good tip for batting - which may seem obvious, but worth mentioning - is to try to make contact on the barrel. It makes a big difference!
Old 03-31-2016, 12:16 PM   #30
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I bought the IOS version and played about half a game last night. The gameplay is very similar to last year's, though I did see a few dives/jumps and the number of gappers seemed to be less than last year. The ball is very hard to see on the mobile version, both coming from the pitchers hand and in the field. Several people have complained on the App Store reviews about that, so hopefully it will be patched. I enjoyed the game last year, though the fact you had to play every game during the season was frustrating, so the ability to sim games (and updated rosters) will make it worth my $5.
Can you play multiple seasons on the iOS version like on console version?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 03-31-2016, 01:03 PM   #31
MLB Games Developer

MLBGames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Can you play multiple seasons on the iOS version like on console version?
Yes you can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 02:57 PM   #32
All Star

OVR: 35

MLBGames, just wanted to thank you for coming to the forums and interacting with us.

I also want to tell you that I really enjoy the IOS version of RBI. It plays a really good game of baseball on there and the patches you released last year really helped the gameplay. The only real big drawback for me in RBI 2015 was the inability to sim games since I don't have the time to play 162 games. Thanks for adding that feature in. I know you guys get a lot of grief from people hoping for an Xbox/PC alternative to The Show, so I thought you would appreciate some positive feedback for a change. Looking forward to another season of RBI and more enhancements in future versions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »