Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2016, 12:47 PM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

What a shame indeed! Konami put the MLB Power Pros series in the hands of 2K Sports - who did it no justice & failed to advertise it properly. Japan's Power Pros series is the deepest baseball sim I've ever played and has been successful for about 2 decades. MLB could have found success but all most people saw where the cartoonist looking players. I think had the games been marketed better, perhaps even provided demos to play in stores, maybe the series would still have life.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:56 PM   #178
Rookie

Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

This is a question for anyone who has played the Vita version of Jikkyou Power Pros 2016:

I have the 2012 PSP version, which is great. What (if anything) has been added to the game to make it worth importing?

Also if you've played the series on both the PSP & the Vita: How would you compare the controls (i.e. the left analog stick, use of the touch screen, etc)?
Old 05-02-2016, 06:12 PM   #179
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Here's a full 9-inning game I played earlier today between my edited BayStars teams and the unedited CPU Dragons:

Wow, it looks amazing. I don't know if it's Fox Engine, but it's very polish, crisp and performance wise seems to be really smooth ( 60fps ? ). Too bad it's only japanese.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:07 PM   #180
Pro

Seriously guys it's baseball it's not that difficult to figure out. Just order the game, then go to spiritstranslation.com and have fun, you won't regret it.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:12 PM   #181
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Unless you want to play MyLife and Success mode, the foreign text isn't much of an issue. Those two modes have lots of story events and cutscenes.

Exhibition mode and Season mode are easy to figure out thanks to the guides on powerprotranslation.com and the free google translator app.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #182
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Seriously guys it's baseball it's not that difficult to figure out. Just order the game, then go to spiritstranslation.com and have fun, you won't regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Unless you want to play MyLife and Success mode, the foreign text isn't much of an issue. Those two modes have lots of story events and cutscenes.

Exhibition mode and Season mode are easy to figure out thanks to the guides on powerprotranslation.com and the free google translator app.
Unfortunately I'm a grown man with a full time job. I barely have enough gaming time as it is, let alone have to sit and use a translator to navigate though one.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:01 PM   #183
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg4075
Unfortunately I'm a grown man with a full time job. I barely have enough gaming time as it is, let alone have to sit and use a translator to navigate though one.
Wow, I would imagine that most here work full time. Just FYI, I went to the translation site and printed translation page, took two minutes. Fired the game up and went into settings, changed the settings I wanted and was playing an exhibition game within 10 minutes. I am also ready to start my season mode as well.

On another note, this game has great variety as far as game results being different from one another. One game I shut the CPU out on a 4 hitter and won 2-0. Very next game was a complete slugfest with me losing 18-17. Good pitchers seem to shut the other side down while the average pitcher will get knocked around. Very nice!
Old 05-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #184
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Is this game available to download to the PS4? I have a JP PSN account and wouldn't mind just downloading it.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »