Home

NBA 2K16 Patch #6 Available For PC, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Patch #6 Available For PC, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One, Patch Notes Included within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #225
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Patch #6 Available Now For PlayStation 4, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Word.

This just made my day, Czar. It's comforting to know you guys listen, and want a sim game despite what it seems like the majority of the scrubs want
There needs to be a middle ground tho.

Sim, but still have players moving like their real-life counterparts. Meaning guys like Lillard should be quick as heck and explosive off the stop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 08:18 PM   #226
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

The game feels very balanced man, can't say enough how much I'm enjoying the patch.

Love the increase in tipped, intercepted, missed long passes.

Unfortunately there are still some lapses, but there's enough disruption to make guys think twice now.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 05-04-2016 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:27 PM   #227
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG JuiceMane
The only people who have a problem with patch 6 are the cheesers (90% of sunset). I expect to see more big men in MyPark because a lot of these speed boosters are gonna get exposed. The 2k17 leader boards are gonna look completely different since ALL of them do it lol. Enjoy it while you can 😂😂😂
All the cheesers I see are in Rivet, Sunset got a few, but most of them are terrible. Rivet got all the cheesers, all the YouTubers....
Old 05-04-2016, 09:20 PM   #228
Rookie

ezsmilez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I assume more stuff in the shops? I'll be honest, I don't check the shop often and see how much it's updated.

It's not really the point though, there's no logic behind dudes rant at all...he's just mad his go to move was taken away. I was reading comments under that "hell naw" video and random commenters were talking about how mad he would be, like that's what he's known for and all he has in his arsenal, lol.

Anyway, I really wanted to know how some PNO guys feel about the patch....a lot of the lesser publicized changes have made a big difference for me..

So far only played a couple of games online since the patch. One game guy had the thunder, it was so nice to see him being penalized for forcing it into the paint with the dribble or with the pass. He had countless turnovers now that lead passes can be stolen more frequently and the ball is more tangible on the drive. I'm also not seeing as many chase down blocks on fastbreaks.

One game I was able to keep up with the Clippers bigs using the slow footed Spurs big men while playing on broadcast cam. Overall really enjoying the patch
Old 05-04-2016, 09:22 PM   #229
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
If you're referring to me 24, no, it's not the same animation. Yes you can say it's similar though. But if you go back and watch the vid I posted, it's different. It's a lot faster and more aggressive. From your vid it's just kind of a basic drive to the rim like on a fast break. Notice in my vid the explosion out the move and how he lowers his shoulders a little more. Always thought it was a nice animation.
The hesi - go is my primary move in Park with my PGs - I can definitely relate to what you're describing and it's moves like that that I'll be disappointed to see diminished in value...

The aggressive charge animation seems to be part of what they consider "unnatutal" - it's not abundantly clear yet albeit I don't see anyone performing this move in path 6 clips for PS4 nor will I know myself until I try it on XB1..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2016, 09:26 PM   #230
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
The hesi - go is my primary move in Park with my PGs - I can definitely relate to what you're describing and it's moves like that that I'll be disappointed to see diminished in value...

The aggressive charge animation seems to be part of what they consider "unnatutal" - it's not abundantly clear yet albeit I don't see anyone performing this move in path 6 clips for PS4 nor will I know myself until I try it on XB1..

Seems gone bro. I believe taken that away stopped the speed boosting but also hurt us players that didn't abuse it.

Thinking about it, the speed boost was so effective because of that burst and players were able to stop on a dime and do it another way right? If so, why not just make it where you can't just keep stopping on a dime doing that. Or if you keep doing it you could lose control of the ball? I think the quick fix option was just taking a good animation out completely.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 05-04-2016, 10:11 PM   #231
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

It's definitely a quick fix.. game still has a black mark on its face regarding sizeups that can be spammed by any player regardless of height or position or attribute rating.. it's a quick fix...

User dribble creativity and dominance is hindered by the patch so it's a return to day 1 when all folks knew was how to spam sizeups.. ehh levels the parity but being a competitor is more than just form.. basic players will still be exposed for their unrefined raw ways (88s and 99s playing with skillsets of 55s)... as competitors its moreso how we adapt to the ever changing conditions

We have all been rendered so basic lol so conformed so trained to behave fixed and accordingly 😳

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 10:23 PM   #232
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm liking the game a lot too. Next year I would like to see that every center over 7 feet isn't the next coming of wilt
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »