Home

NBA 2K16 Patch #6 Available For PC, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Patch #6 Available For PC, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One, Patch Notes Included within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-05-2016, 10:09 AM   #241
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Patch #6 Available Now For PlayStation 4, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I'd be more worried about them finding something new that we might add to the next game than that. I have a gallon jug next to my desk to collect all the tears from this patch...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 10:11 AM   #242
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
I don't know about you guys, but looking at the vids posted here there's no athleticism at all.

Why should you be afraid of a Westbrook or a John Wall if he can't explode out of his hesitations and get step-and-a-half on you? If you look at their highlights, they don't actually have great handles, they just need that split second where the defense freeze reading the move and they're already a step ahead.

Westbrook in the new vids looks just like Kyle Korver while driving, he's that slow to the hoop.

Compared to this (3:13):

Not even close in terms of athleticism and explosiveness.

Great video. You could easily see that in a lot of athletic players. The closest thing to a move like that was something like in this video. And I could make a even closer one to resemble that w/ that animation. So it sucks 2K didn't try to think of something else instead of taking out the ability to burst.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KingJrocc23.../17213980#t=23

Kind of changing the topic. But it's sad that was like the only most realistic drive but just sprinting on a wide open fastbreak or etc it's like you're jogging almost. 2K needs better running animations mainly for when you get a steal or something.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 05-05-2016, 10:30 AM   #243
Rookie

OVR: 4

Still haven't Downloded patch yet cause I only play offline. So does this patch of affect special dribble moves or are players first steps all slower also? I don't really use special dribble moves so I don't know how this patch would affect me. But I'm scared to find out. Does it affect the cpu's first step also? Or is it just special dribble moves?
Old 05-05-2016, 10:51 AM   #244
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotSyphillis
Still haven't Downloded patch yet cause I only play offline. So does this patch of affect special dribble moves or are players first steps all slower also? I don't really use special dribble moves so I don't know how this patch would affect me. But I'm scared to find out. Does it affect the cpu's first step also? Or is it just special dribble moves?
IMO, all the patch really nerfed were the unrealistic speed boosts guys would get from certain size ups. I personally still feel the guys that are supposed to be fast are still fast and tough to guard, it also doesn't require a ton of dribble moves...but there is a balance now....you wont be blowing by everyone on demand, or getting that 'turn' animation on everyone. It's tough, if you are really comfortable with how the game plays pre patch, I would chill on it....but you really wont get a grasp on it until you play....to see players speed relative to everyone else. Videos wont really tell the story on what you can do, or how it feels.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #245
Banned

It's better. More controlled and balanced movements.

Wish they'd add more decisiveness to moves to the game so they respond quicker, but this actually directly affects this in a good way because you aren't flying all over the place so the moves have more impact and meaning.

Maybe I'm biased because I don't use Lebron Durant Westbrook etc..

Best way I can describe it for experienced players, if you like playing each move or dribble by taking what the defense gives you, you will like offense better. If you like forcing everything and trying to take off for a dunk or foul like your drunk, you will hate it.

Defense obviously a bit easier now in all regards

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 11:17 AM   #246
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
I don't know about you guys, but looking at the vids posted here there's no athleticism at all.

Why should you be afraid of a Westbrook or a John Wall if he can't explode out of his hesitations and get step-and-a-half on you? If you look at their highlights, they don't actually have great handles, they just need that split second where the defense freeze reading the move and they're already a step ahead.

Westbrook in the new vids looks just like Kyle Korver while driving, he's that slow to the hoop.

Compared to this (3:13):

Not even close in terms of athleticism and explosiveness.
If Gino wasn't running into that screen he wouldn't have been able to make that move, I think your issue is less with the offensive explosiveness and the "stickyness" of the defense in 2K. In 2K Gino probably would have been able to stop Westbrook with his invisible force field 85% of the time, even after hitting the screen like that.

Besides that, I really don't know what you are talking about because when the opportunity is there you can make cuts just like that in game. Westbrook takes a whole lot of steps there (i counted 6) and in 2K you would see him make like 3 huge steps and then launch into an animation.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:34 PM   #247
Pro

Sigh, I shouldn't be able to have no speed to lose a center if I'm using a PG with top notch speed and ball handle. Sure you stop speed boost by removing explosive step out a dribble, now you(2k), created a bunch of Scottie pippens on the court, and it don't see to matter if they slow or have high defense. Perfect timing though, I needed a new game and you guys surely push that on me because this game not enjoyable. I know how to dribble my *** off and master that from 2k15, so I know how to dribble so it's not that I lack skills to get by a center.

Overall worst 2k, each patch just slightly made the game worst, and this was the ultimate nail in the coffin, and don't even get me started with the my team mode, and the promises of new gauntlet boards, missing players, the whole money concept over the real detail context they never giving to us.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:57 PM   #248
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
Sigh, I shouldn't be able to have no speed to lose a center if I'm using a PG with top notch speed and ball handle. Sure you stop speed boost by removing explosive step out a dribble, now you(2k), created a bunch of Scottie pippens on the court, and it don't see to matter if they slow or have high defense. Perfect timing though, I needed a new game and you guys surely push that on me because this game not enjoyable. I know how to dribble my *** off and master that from 2k15, so I know how to dribble so it's not that I lack skills to get by a center.

Overall worst 2k, each patch just slightly made the game worst, and this was the ultimate nail in the coffin, and don't even get me started with the my team mode, and the promises of new gauntlet boards, missing players, the whole money concept over the real detail context they never giving to us.

"I can't hesi 3 side to side for the entire shot clock anymore!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »