Home

Madden NFL 17 Releases on August 23, Cover Athlete & Gameplay Trailer on May 12

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Releases on August 23, Cover Athlete & Gameplay Trailer on May 12 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 11:17 AM   #169
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 17 Releases on August 23, Cover Athlete & Gameplay Trailer on May 12

Will operation sports be doing a rewind trailer video talking about everything they see? If not, I think it would be a great idea. I like what ign does with their rewind trailers. It sometimes helps you notice things that might have gone unnoticed at first. It's fun seeing something for a split second that could spark speculation and intrigue.

Last edited by Dwaresacksqb; 05-11-2016 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:24 AM   #170
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Releases on August 23, Cover Athlete & Gameplay Trailer on May 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
You're right, this in particular is not a white lie, this is now flat-out false.

Tiburon has released no fewer than nine title updates for Madden NFL 16 - unprecedented in the AAA sports gaming space. Two of these updates have added new ways to play the game in Draft Champions Play A Friend and MUT Salary Cap Ranked, and one added much-clamored for options for hardcore players in XP sliders for Connected Franchise. This is also unprecedented as no other major sports game is adding entire game modes post-launch. Heck, not many other video games period are doing this. And actually, Madden Ultimate Team was introduced the same way - a free post-release patch - in Madden NFL 10, so really Tiburon's only precedent is their own history with the Madden NFL series which people are accusing them of putting low effort into.

Anecdotally we also know that Tiburon has doubled the size of their dev team over the past several years, and when NCAA Football was put on the shelf many of those assigned to that series were brought into the Madden fold rather than let go outright.

The idea that Tiburon has "stepped off the gas" doesn't match the amount of resources they are putting back into the series. This effort is evident in the ascending quality of the game over the past several years, both critically in the mainstream (Metacritic scores, etc.), the perception of the game on the careful and detail-oriented critical eye that is this website, and also with the amount of effort they continue to put into Madden 16 post-launch.

If you want to look at a sports game series that's actually complacent, that's actually low-effort, look at the WWE 2K series, whose yearly efforts compared to what Madden and literally every other major sports game has accomplished over the past several years (besides maybe the RBI Baseball re-make) have been pretty laughable, especially with respect to post-release support where Madden is currently running laps around most of the competition.

Does everything they do for Madden align with what OS wants? Obviously that's not the case. They have many interest groups to cater to. Do they always succeed with what they set out to do? They have a better track record now than in the past, but also obviously there are things to improve. But let's be real here when evaluating the effort level, especially the current effort level.

I couldn't agree more...also not to do more comparing but at least with Madden I know who I can reach out to request changes and actually interact with the Devs. If I wanted to that for WWE, I would have no idea who to reach out to. And I have NEVER seen a Dev for the game on here.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:31 AM   #171
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
He said since they acquired the license. You even admitted yourself those games were not great efforts at all. The end of last gen and this generation has been EA/Tiburon finding it's footing and it's identity, and they're just now getting the game to where it's hitting it's stride. They had nowhere to go but up.
I freely admit right now that I didn't enjoy at all any Madden game on the 360 until Madden 09. I didn't even buy a Gen-3 Madden game until 08, and I thought it was quite bad.

Of what relevance today, however, is how Tiburon handled things eight years ago? Not only Tiburon but the entire video game industry has changed dramatically since then. Does the admittedly poor transition from the last console generation - not even the current one - magically negate everything that Tiburon has done in the past 12, 24, and 36 months? Personally I don't think so and I also find such a suggestion ridiculous.

Quote:
I know you love to throw that cape on for Tiburon for whatever reason, but it's not always necessary.
And the ad-hominem attacks from you are neither necessary or desired on this forum so you'd be wise to change your line of posting, stat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 11:53 AM   #172
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I freely admit right now that I didn't enjoy at all any Madden game on the 360 until Madden 09. I didn't even buy a Gen-3 Madden game until 08, and I thought it was quite bad.

Of what relevance today, however, is how Tiburon handled things eight years ago? Not only Tiburon but the entire video game industry has changed dramatically since then. Does the admittedly poor transition from the last console generation - not even the current one - magically negate everything that Tiburon has done in the past 12, 24, and 36 months? Personally I don't think so and I also find such a suggestion ridiculous.

And the ad-hominem attacks from you are neither necessary or desired on this forum so you'd be wise to change your line of posting, stat.
Tiburon's change is debatable, and one I won't continue here for obvious reasons. Also you can "threaten" me all you want, I'm just speaking the truth.

Can't wait for that trailer to drop though. I'm actually very interested to find out what they've been working on for on the field.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-11-2016, 12:13 PM   #173
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

More pitter-patter on Twitter:

Ryan Grande ‏@GrandeRyan 47m47 minutes ago
@RexDEAFootball @business madden 16 was good. But it's the last @EAMaddenNFL I buy without REAL effort put into improving CFM

Rex Dickson
‏@RexDEAFootball
@GrandeRyan @business @EAMaddenNFL We got you covered bro.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:38 PM   #174
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

@RexDEAFootball @business madden 16 was good. But it's the last @EAMaddenNFL I buy without REAL effort put into improving CFM

Rex Dickson
‏@RexDEAFootball
I liked how last year, when Rex and the crew were playing Madden 16 live on twitter on release day, Rex spotted an animation with the DB/WR that made no sense and acknowledged live, they needed to look into that to correct the issue. I am pretty sure they removed the animation completely. He seems like a pretty honest, stand-up guy.

The hype for this trailer is crazy!
Old 05-11-2016, 12:39 PM   #175
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Rex Dickson
‏@RexDEAFootball
Again everyone has to come in with tempered expectations. Alot of things have sounded great or logical in pre-release, but when they come to functioning in game in real world situations, have not lived up to the claims or the functionality.

I found ways to enjoy Madden 16, so I'm tip toeing in with optimism.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 12:56 PM   #176
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Rex Dickson
‏@RexDEAFootball
The fact that he acknowledged and answered that, knowing how savage the Internet is, only furthers my suspicion that they have something up their sleeve with regard to franchise/CFM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »