Home

Madden NFL 17 Releases on August 23, Cover Athlete & Gameplay Trailer on May 12

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Releases on August 23, Cover Athlete & Gameplay Trailer on May 12 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 01:03 PM   #177
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 17 Releases on August 23, Cover Athlete & Gameplay Trailer on May 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
More pitter-patter on Twitter:

Ryan Grande ‏@GrandeRyan 47m47 minutes ago
@RexDEAFootball @business madden 16 was good. But it's the last @EAMaddenNFL I buy without REAL effort put into improving CFM

Rex Dickson
‏@RexDEAFootball
@GrandeRyan @business @EAMaddenNFL We got you covered bro.
I'm in the same boat as him. They need to come up big this year in CFM. I go back and read their deep dive about CFM's new features last year and it is just laughable. And when I mean come up big I don't mean something like new daily goals where our players get 100 XP for eating an orange before practice. I don't want to be overly negative because I like the gameplay and I'm willing to see what happens first and give them a chance but if deep dive time comes around and I'm reading about new goal mechanics, score tickers, and draft presentation I just might lose my mind.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:04 PM   #178
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Releases on August 23, Cover Athlete & Gameplay Trailer on May 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Again everyone has to come in with tempered expectations. Alot of things have sounded great or logical in pre-release, but when they come to functioning in game in real world situations, have not lived up to the claims or the functionality.

I found ways to enjoy Madden 16, so I'm tip toeing in with optimism.
This. I'm glad Rex and other devs are active on Twitter but you have to remember is another form of marketing so take it with a grain of salt. Would you expect a sizzle/release trailer to say something like "minimal improvements from last years release" or "no new content but newer fresher menus"? I'm not saying the game will have no improvements but what is a dev supposed to say when asked a question on Twitter like the one posted "you'll be bored don't buy this one"

Again I'm not bashing the game it just seems like there are people in here who argue that everything a dev says on Twitter is gospel, these things must be taken with a grain of salt.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:05 PM   #179
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Again everyone has to come in with tempered expectations. Alot of things have sounded great or logical in pre-release, but when they come to functioning in game in real world situations, have not lived up to the claims or the functionality.

I found ways to enjoy Madden 16, so I'm tip toeing in with optimism.
Just pointing out that a person can add the math starting with Rex's interview after 16 came out, the cover of Madden yesterday with the caption "Franchise Mode started in 1999 and the affirmations concerning customers concerns or reservations.

That's half of it, the other half, like you mention, is how well it's implemented in late August.

Hope for the best.

SS- Not saying it's gospel, but confirming a customers request is(plus other evidence), shall we say, fairly positive from one of the lead Developers that CFM will be improved. I really don't think that is a stretch, wouldn't you agree?

Last edited by roadman; 05-11-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #180
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
This. I'm glad Rex and other devs are active on Twitter but you have to remember is another form of marketing so take it with a grain of salt. Would you expect a sizzle/release trailer to say something like "minimal improvements from last years release" or "no new content but newer fresher menus"? I'm not saying the game will have no improvements but what is a dev supposed to say when asked a question on Twitter like the one posted "you'll be bored don't buy this one"

Again I'm not bashing the game it just seems like there are people in here who argue that everything a dev says on Twitter is gospel, these things must be taken with a grain of salt.
I just don't think he has to say anything at all. The fact that he has said multiple times now, CFM is an area of focus for them this year, has me believing CFM got some much needed attention. Will I like what they come up with? I don't know, but I do know, it's good news, not bad.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:13 PM   #181
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Great news on the last tweet from rex about franchise mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 01:14 PM   #182
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
The fact that he acknowledged and answered that, knowing how savage the Internet is, only furthers my suspicion that they have something up their sleeve with regard to franchise/CFM.
Picture this. Thursday comes. Sportscenter is on. They're telling you what a storied franchise the Madden video game is while standing in front of an enlarged cover telling you how this cover is like nothing you've ever seen before. For the first time ever the cover guy is someone who has never even appeared in a Madden game before and then the current drops and it's....

Spoiler
Old 05-11-2016, 01:17 PM   #183
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm in the same boat as him. They need to come up big this year in CFM. I go back and read their deep dive about CFM's new features last year and it is just laughable. And when I mean come up big I don't mean something like new daily goals where our players get 100 XP for eating an orange before practice. I don't want to be overly negative because I like the gameplay and I'm willing to see what happens first and give them a chance but if deep dive time comes around and I'm reading about new goal mechanics, score tickers, and draft presentation I just might lose my mind.
Ditto. I have been, and always will be a franchise guy. I hear they are putting a ton of effort into CFM this year, and I sure hope so. I hope I just don't get my heart broke again by getting my hopes too high. All I want is the ability to play CPU vs CPU, ability to edit rosters, and create a draft class... Two of things were in Madden 12, so I am hoping they wise up and start adding back some of the old features.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:18 PM   #184
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid

You do have to take what they say with a grain of salt. However, I have seen devs outright ignore questions leading up to release. Then, sure enough, I see why. There was nothing there for them to fluff. So instead of saying (or confirming) that X hasnt improved much they say nothing and do no harm. So I take acknowledging the question as a sign of confidence. Especially when they guy says he expects major improvement to warrant a purchase. Well find out soon enough, though.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »