Home

Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 09:59 AM   #49
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screensho

I'm the type of gamer that hates any kind of visual aid on the screen while I am playing, I always want the game esp. sports games to not feel like I am playing a video game as crazy as that sounds lol, but visual aids always remind me that yea this is a video game and less of a simulation of what I see on the field in real life.

So with these new additions all I need is the option to turn it off and I will be happy.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:00 AM   #50
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screensho

Really, really hope Franchise becomes more and more like the old Head Coach series was.

I want full rosters, practice squads, an in depth calendar, better scouting etc. The plan was always to implement more of HC into CFM, but it's just never happened, and that idea has likely been scrapped now as this is a new dev team IIRC. But, franchise mode now, is really lacking compared to other titles. Bring more to the table.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:04 AM   #51
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Screenshots and Information, Is Gronk the Cover Athlete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
Hopefully the defender fake out mechanic means jukes actually work this year, it was annoying so many people used the spin move for their primary juke move, and hopefully the stiff arm actually works this year.

The defensive AI system sounds good but will have to wait and see how it actually works in game-play. Best way to test this is run 4-Streaks four times in a row against the cpu.

The things I really want like rebuilt line-play, ball physics, realistic player movement, untethered animations, does not seem to be a focus this year, but hopefully they were worked on but just not back of box material. Also I notice other sports games like to mention how many new animations they've added each year, I can't remember the last time Madden did that.

Lol. I been waiting for the stiff arm to work in madden for TWENTY YEARS!!! Lol. Or, whenever they first implemented it. Of course, it shouldn't work every time, but legit, if I like stiff arming fools and I spend my xp on stiff arm, my 95 stiff arm RB should absolutely lay out a 5'10 190 lb CB. U know? Lol. U ever play NFL game day back in the day? Now, THAT was a stiff arm! I remember the sound effect, 'jeBOW!!' Lol. That was a little arcadey, of course, and I don't want that, either, but it was so rewarding to set your RB up at the right angle on an incoming defender and 'jeBOW!!' In madden, it has ALWAYS felt like the stiff arm starts to trigger the animation, and then u still get tackled. U rarely actually break the tackle. So, I'm def curious as to how well this is implemented, as I used to be a big fan of running the ball, but when jukes and stiff arms and trucks never work, it just feels so empty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 10:06 AM   #52
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I'm the type of gamer that hates any kind of visual aid on the screen while I am playing, I always want the game esp. sports games to not feel like I am playing a video game as crazy as that sounds lol, but visual aids always remind me that yea this is a video game and less of a simulation of what I see on the field in real life.

So with these new additions all I need is the option to turn it off and I will be happy.

Yeah. I agree completely. I turned off as much of the visual cues as possible in 16, and if feels way less like a 'video game' for me as well. I think they will have options to turn this on/off as they did with catch cues in 16. THEY BETTER!!! Lol
Old 05-12-2016, 10:08 AM   #53
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I hope the reference to Franchise mode means CFM is gone and things like formation subs and total editing control of a franchise returns.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:14 AM   #54
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

all-new ball carrier feedback cues"....Hmmm. I hope that's accompanied by new, more fluid running animations. That, along with animation quality have been my biggest pet peeve with the game for the longest. Considering where we are with gaming tech, I expect to see better with Madden '17
Old 05-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #55
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I hope the reference to Franchise mode means CFM is gone and things like formation subs and total editing control of a franchise returns.
I have the feeling that it may not be gone, per se, but I do agree that referring to it just as "Franchise mode" in various marketing situations could signal a shift back to the functionality that most of the long time players of the mode greatly desire.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 10:20 AM   #56
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Funny they are using Gronk even if it is a placeholder since he said Madden is boring.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »