Home

Madden NFL 17 Gets New Commentary Team Featuring Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Gets New Commentary Team Featuring Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2016, 02:48 PM   #89
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Gets New Commentary Team Featuring Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
Brandon is amazing. You guys will not believe the difference. Here is a small taste from his college radio days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78NXOtJXH8I
Wow!!!!!

Madden is getting kicked up several notches with some excitement in the play by play/color presentation!!!

Can't wait to hear it in action.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #90
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 Gets New Commentary Team Featuring Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
I'm just happy Phil Sims is gone, that's an improvement within it's self. Fresh commentary is a welcomed addition, I like the weekly updates but I still need to hear how the commentary flows within the game, hopefully it doesn't have that dead spot of silence in between plays.

Yeah, it was interesting listening to the podcast. They mentioned this being more difficult in football than other sports (telling stories filling in action), and I have to say, I agree with that. In madden, especially, you're calling a play within 10 secs and snapping the ball. So, there's not much time. Hopefully, they've got quick 'stories' and/or they've got the technology to 'continue' their stories. I play Fifa as well as madden, and I tell u, some of the stories told in FIFA are AMAZING to me. Those guys will talk about something for like 5 mins straight. And, you're half listening because you're also constantly playing the game, of course. But, after they stop that story and move on, you're like, 'holy crap! They just gave a full synopsis of player X's entire career!!' Or, the history of that franchise or something. But, again, in soccer, u don't have to give a play by play, so u can record a scripted long conversation and plug it in wherever, in essence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2016, 02:51 PM   #91
Rookie

I am very impressed! Is madden the first sports title to offer fluid commentary? Way to be ahead of the curve dev team, it will be the new standard!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 03:02 PM   #92
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Can't wait to hear them in action. New commentary teams are always fun at the start and Jim Nantz and Phil Simms had become way too repetitive. But Madden commentary never was terrible because of who was announcing (except with radio bunker guy), but because of how it was executed which we've yet to see. If it's still "Vikings line up at the 47.....Toss to Peterson....TOUCHDOWN!!" then it's still going to be bad no matter who's doing it. They need to find a flow that leaves as little dead space as possible while sounding good which is a very hard task. The weekly updates should hopefully help with constantly adding more and more things that are usable going forward. It might be a little rough at first but hopefully this will be the team that sticks together for a while and provides a noticable improvement year in, year out.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:02 PM   #93
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
Brandon is amazing. You guys will not believe the difference. Here is a small taste from his college radio days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78NXOtJXH8I
Hey Rex did yall improve the flow of the commentary throughout the game? It is more natural now does it have more of a continuous flow?
Old 06-08-2016, 03:10 PM   #94
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
But the updated commentary makes no sense for Franchise mode because if a player got traded to another team in real life it won't happen in an already in progress franchise mode. What if I'm already in year 3 of my franchise and one of my players were to be traded. I decide in my franchise if this player gets traded.

So I will assume this feature is just for Play Now games.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:14 PM   #95
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
But the updated commentary makes no sense for Franchise mode because if a player got traded to another team in real life it won't happen in an already in progress franchise mode. What if I'm already in year 3 of my franchise and one of my players were to be traded. I decide in my franchise if this player gets traded.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...5&postcount=48
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 03:16 PM   #96
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04

Certain lines or additions could only apply to those. But with weekly updates it could also account for breakout players or even middle of the road players that make a name for themselves. For instance last year at launch Charcandrick West or Spencer Ware would never have been considered to have their names recorded but with injuries their play time significantly increased and they now have the ability to record and input those names into scenarios. So instead of hearing "Touchdown Chiefs" every time you score with one of them no matter what, now maybe after an update you hear "Touchdown Charcandrick West" sometimes too. Same with players like Victor Cruz where maybe later in the cycle the announcers are saying his name when at release he wasn't even on the radar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »