Home

Madden NFL 17 Gets New Commentary Team Featuring Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Gets New Commentary Team Featuring Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2016, 12:44 AM   #145
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Gets New Commentary Team Featuring Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis

From the video it looks like another year of turning the commentary volume all the way down
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2016, 01:10 AM   #146
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 17 Gets New Commentary Team Featuring Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
From the video it looks like another year of turning the commentary volume all the way down
In what shape or form did you come to this conclusion? Talk about jumping the gun!
Old 06-11-2016, 01:11 AM   #147
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
In what shape or form did you come to this conclusion? Talk about jumping the gun!

Hasn't everyone else been doing the same thing by saying it's great???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2016, 01:15 AM   #148
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur

I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but based on what we've heard so far it seems far more likely for it to be great than awful.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:17 AM   #149
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur

Willing to give it a chance is the same thing as saying a promotional video that shows absolutely zero in game retail commentary makes you automatically turning it off?

Blew my mind there.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:58 AM   #150
MVP

Come on bro, at least wait until you hear it in action before making that choice.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:18 AM   #151
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

OVR: 2

I've played Madden since it was on the Commodore Amiga but I lost interest as it turned into a disinterested, lazy and soulless annual cash grab. The monopoly over the NFL licence basically meant the death knell for the game as there was no reason for EA to release anything more than a roster update each year. Because of this, I stopped playing Madden for many years but with online transactions EA have a new reason to improve the game - the better it is, the more money people will spend with them throughout the year, not just in August.

The last two releases have piqued my interest once again and contained some real improvements (penalties, better oline play, reimagined defence, etc). In Christian, Madden seems to finally have a director who genuinely understands what the game is lacking and how it should be improved. This new commentary is a prime example of how the game is changing for the better. It's a fantastic change. Creating a Madden broadcast style is so much better than a half-hearted attempt to ape the real TV production. This will ensure that the commentary remains relevant for years and can be constantly improved upon and broadened. I'd be surprised if, after a couple of years, the result is anything less than the best commentary ever in a sports video game.

Things seem to be looking up for Madden. Now please fix the AI, special teams, stats and attributes progression, trade logic and franchise mode experience and I will be a happy Madden player once again and for years to come.

Last edited by BritPitbull; 06-11-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2016, 09:01 AM   #152
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
The very definition of trolling.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »