Home

They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 10:28 PM   #81
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
While I am impressed that they added practice squads and implemented them properly, what I've bolded in your post is exactly right. There is no reason to use the hours of GP to develop a guy on your practice squad. No one who plays in an online league will ever do this so the feature is completely wasted in that environment. If he was a guy who you REALLY wanted, you would have him on your active roster and be playing him to earn the XP much faster. HowAbout is correct. You're not going to use your precious game prep on a practice squad scrub when you can barely use any of it on backups who are on the active roster. It's nice they added it, but it's not going to be useful.

EDIT: What they could have/should have done is allocate GP specifically for practice squad players in addition to your regular GP hours. This would give you more incentive to progress some PS guys. Then you would also have to make some decisions once a guy gets decent enough. You'd have to worry that you progressed this guy and another team comes along and snatches him up.
I wonder if the outlined issue could be a part of a release day patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 10:29 PM   #82
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroDuck
The negative Nellies are strong in this thread. I'd couldn't be happier with Madden right now. Then again, I really enjoy the current madden.
And I think that's the difference. If you enjoyed CFM before then you're still going to enjoy it this year. But as someone who disliked CFM, I'm pretty disappointed in what was touted as an overhaul.

I need to fully understand the process of Gameplanning to make a full judgement but if I'm understanding it correctly, it seems nearly identical to what game prep was with the difference being a very small attribute boost on certain plays.

Don't get me wrong, there's definitely some good things they added but I'm having a hard time personally finding much from the blogs that actually makes the mode on a whole any deeper or much different than M16. Also part of that disappointment stems from the fact that the gameplay has looked very much improved and seemingly has a great direction in terms of progress and CFM seems continuously stagnated in so many aspects that IMO make a franchise mode great.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:35 PM   #83
Operation Sports Fan

Longhorn33's Arena

OVR: 9
Looking forward to it!
Old 06-12-2016, 10:39 PM   #84
Rookie

All I want to know is if I still have to choose between 3 low level high school quality uniform choices when I want to relocate. There are only about two cities that can even be used because most of the uniforms look like complete garbage.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:43 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 5

I like a lot of the things they have in the blog, but the flawed XP system is a real hindrance. I actually give them credit for making some nice additions, but like others have said, some of those additions we wanted seem severely handcuffed by a flawed progressions system.

If the progressions system would be more realistic (or at least on option to be more realistic) instead of only this RPG setup, I would be totally on board. Maybe they can patch something in (progression wise) to make the practice squad meaningful. I do give them credit for adding some customization, somewhat full editing, and some features that add NFL elements. But those NFL elements are still on top of a unrealistic base (XP/stats/goals progression system), which makes those additions still somewhat unrealistic and arcadey.

So, I'm kind of mixed about this. Isn't there suppose to be another blog? I'm going to look for it.

As much as I hate the current progression system, there might be enough changes to CFM for me to purchase instead of waiting 6 months (or whatever) before it goes on sale.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 10:50 PM   #86
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
This year you can focus on 3 players by doing drills or a max of 6 people just letting it "sim" the prep and get xp.

Not quite - you choose three players to focus train, then on top of that you get one offensive and defensive drill that grants XP to every player on your roster in two position groups. So if you do a passing drill, every quarterback and wide receiver on your roster will earn XP for that drill, regardless of focus training, active roster, or practice squad.

Hypothetically one could earn XP for half the roster in a given week - a running power concept drill which helps RBs, FBs, and all OL, along with a defensive run stop / gap integrity drill which helps all DLs and LBs. Then three more players at any position get additional focus training XP on top of that.

You definitely can earn XP for more than six players a week in this setup.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 06-12-2016 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:54 PM   #87
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
While I am impressed that they added practice squads and implemented them properly, what I've bolded in your post is exactly right. There is no reason to use the hours of GP to develop a guy on your practice squad. No one who plays in an online league will ever do this so the feature is completely wasted in that environment. If he was a guy who you REALLY wanted, you would have him on your active roster and be playing him to earn the XP much faster. HowAbout is correct. You're not going to use your precious game prep on a practice squad scrub when you can barely use any of it on backups who are on the active roster. It's nice they added it, but it's not going to be useful.

EDIT: What they could have/should have done is allocate GP specifically for practice squad players in addition to your regular GP hours. This would give you more incentive to progress some PS guys. Then you would also have to make some decisions once a guy gets decent enough. You'd have to worry that you progressed this guy and another team comes along and snatches him up.
This is from the Game Informer article

"There are more drills in skills trainer, and they will earn XP for all players at that position."

"Practice squad players develop through regular week-to-week training and can be chosen for focus training"

"You can choose three players to undergo focus training, which is not drills-based. The three you pick are saved and remembered from week to week. Even if you don't use focus training, players will still earn XP."
Old 06-12-2016, 10:55 PM   #88
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Not quite - you choose three players to focus train, then on top of that you get one offensive and defensive drill that grants XP to every player on your roster in two position groups. So if you do a passing drill, every quarterback and wide receiver on your roster will earn XP for that drill, regardless of focus training, active roster, or practice squad.

Hypothetically one could earn XP for half the roster in a given week - a running power concept drill which helps RBs, FBs, and all OL, along with a defensive run stop / gap integrity drill which helps all DLs and LBs. Then three more players at any position get additional focus training XP on top of that.

You definitely can earn XP for more than six players a week in this setup.
Quality post from CM, here. Feel like you articulated the progression system more clearly than either blog today. Well done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »