Home

They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 10:57 PM   #89
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

CPU vs CPU in offline franchise?

It's still the deal breaker for me. I haven't bought this game since Madden 12 for this reason. If MLB The Show and NBA2k can both do it and be great, there's no reason why Madden can't.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:59 PM   #90
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

I was so very pumped for the CFM blogs because somewhere in the marketing it said "redesigned" Franchise.

I am now super disappointed to say the least.

XP progression is bad, flawed, tragic, and a few adjectives we should not use in these forums. It would be fine for stupidstar mode - but for "SIM" coach/owner mode it just does not fit, period.

I should have regulated my excitement, but dang they had me going because (run fits, zone pattern matching, dope as heck commentary idea, running game move and catch rating separator).

I wanted to hear full coaching staffs, non XP progression, full scout staffs with no points spending, draft eligible players all have full scouting reports and varying accuracy dependant upon scout department's strengths and weaknesses, full user manipulation of draft board with up and down mobility impacting draft "stock", off season training schedule and...

Big Decision deal seems cool, injury part in particular feels like a move in the right direction. I am happy for supersim guys that it seems like that will be better. Practice squad is neat, but to me that is secondary because XP progression means those players will remain useless and superfluous. It seems that gameplan thing will be a great new take on things but "ratings boosts"??? Why, what ratings??? Play Recognition, sure, route running, ok, but what boosts and what is the logic?

Still zero OL injuries during played games so guess what every human team will have there - zero depth and no worries.

I was as excited as I have been in years leading up to these blogs, but now I have gone from pre order day one buyer to likely waiting a month. I will most likely get the game, but the CFM blogs really killed my enthusiasm.

Mainly, I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate the XP progression system. Couple that with no expanded coaching staffs - which would be useless given that they kept XP progression and no change to what is, IMO, a garbage scouting system and I just really lost all the hype they had built in me with the game play improvement.

I should point out that I love the special teams changes they touted with new punts and blocks, love the direction of tiered moves, love the return of the 3 button timing kick meter, and am still a fan of the direction Rex and co are headed in overall, but I can't remain as hyped as I was because they did not "save the best for last"!!! I have to say that my crew and I are severely underwhelmed by the CFM blogs...
Old 06-12-2016, 11:00 PM   #91
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life

It's still the deal breaker for me. I haven't bought this game since Madden 12 for this reason. If MLB The Show and NBA2k can both do it and be great, there's no reason why Madden can't.
I always see this and never understand. What is the purpose of this and why is it such a big deal? I've never even considered that I might need such a thing and I feel like I'm missing something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 11:00 PM   #92
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:

It's "in" the game, just not in the traditional way

I think you have to start the game in Play The Moments, and then switcg to Slow Play, skipping the Moments, or something along those lines.

EDIT: I found it:
"There are three different options for the simulation speed to choose from while the game is looking for the next key moment. By default, you’ll be able to follow along using the Normal play-by-play option where you’ll see the drive lines draw on the field with a quick recap of each play as it’s being simulated. This is the perfect balance between speed and knowing what’s going on in the game. If you want to jump to the next moment quickly, you can select the Fast option. The third option, which has been a community request, lets you slow down the game so you can watch each play unfold on the field in live action using the broadcast camera."

Last edited by MajorSupreme; 06-12-2016 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:02 PM   #93
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Nice! Can't wait...
Old 06-12-2016, 11:05 PM   #94
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
While I am impressed that they added practice squads and implemented them properly, what I've bolded in your post is exactly right. There is no reason to use the hours of GP to develop a guy on your practice squad. No one who plays in an online league will ever do this so the feature is completely wasted in that environment. If he was a guy who you REALLY wanted, you would have him on your active roster and be playing him to earn the XP much faster. HowAbout is correct. You're not going to use your precious game prep on a practice squad scrub when you can barely use any of it on backups who are on the active roster. It's nice they added it, but it's not going to be useful.

There are no more "hours" to allocate. See my post above. You pick two drills, and which drills you pick determines which position groups earn XP.

Practice squad players are basically stashed reserves who passively earn XP depending on what drills you choose to do, and you may also focus train them if you wish. There is no explicit resource to spend to improve an individual practice squad player, so the concern you have is addressed.

I do think you are correct that no one will focus train a practice squad player - those three slots of bonus XP are much better used for highly touted draft picks, QBs of the future, exceptional young talents, etc.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:07 PM   #95
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode

Quote:

I think Play The Moment will let you watch the game in real time in addition to its other play / simulate options, effectively providing a CPU vs CPU option without Tiburon explicitly implementing one. Let me double check that, however.

EDIT: see MajorSupreme's post above. It's in the game.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 06-12-2016 at 11:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 11:22 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
There are no more "hours" to allocate. See my post above. You pick two drills, and which drills you pick determines which position groups earn XP.

Practice squad players are basically stashed reserves who passively earn XP depending on what drills you choose to do, and you may also focus train them if you wish. There is no explicit resource to spend to improve an individual practice squad player, so the concern you have is addressed.

I do think you are correct that no one will focus train a practice squad player - those three slots of bonus XP are much better used for highly touted draft picks, QBs of the future, exceptional young talents, etc.
Ok, thanks for that clarification. That definitely makes it a little bit better. Since those players will still earn some xp from the drills if they fall into the position group. Yeah, the focus training will not be used. This makes having a guy on your practice squad slightly better than just picking up a FA since he will be gaining some xp. Will it be enough to really make a difference? I guess that's something we'd have to test out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »