Home

They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #169
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, a few of the others in the top ten we were told would not make it in.

I'm not overly satisfied and I'm not overly disappointed in the updates, either, kind of just meh.

The fact that you, and many of us feel the same way- just kind of meh, is what im pissed about.They said it was a focus, put more into it this year, and Rex claimed they were saving the best for last when talking about the CFM blogs and news.If this is the best they can do in a years time. I seriously give up on them every making cfm great.I dont have another 30 years to wait.

Quote:
I will be using gameplanning and practice squads for sure.
Ok here is my thing, i still dont know how much info on my current week opponent im going to see.If its only his fav 3 plays on off and def, that is just weak and not even close to enough of an addition. Also , i am so sick of "boosts" in madden. The fact you get boosts to your players when you run plays from your gameplaning just kind of makes me sick to my stomach.So to me that alone counter acts the possible good of gameplanning now.Want to run 4 verts still... just make it your gameplanning each week and your guys will gets boosts when running it.... i can see that turning out real weel when people figure out how to manipulate it, as they always do.

Quote:
He said to get on Twitter and tell them what is missing and they will try to get it in before 18.
Ok, look, ive done that for the last 4 years now, and frankly im sick of wasting my time with them.They just gonna add the gimmicy things they want to add to CFM and toss in a few simple things we ask for, but we want something somewhat "Complicated" and nope, forget it.I dont see how telling them stuff is helping to be honest when it comes to CFM.The suits obviously dont care about it, even though in that Mike and Mike video they said Franchise is the most popular mode in madden.... odd statement.

Quote:
I still feel that with better gameplay, adequate CFM(better than the last 4 yrs) and better presentation will get me to a good playing NFL video football game.
While i agree better gameplay can be good, i disagree that CFM is better than last 4 years, to me its about the same really as far as things i really find useful being added.Since i run an online league and its the only reason i buy madden, lackluster additions added to cfm( when acting like it would be something grand) overrides gameplay improvements.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-13-2016, 08:36 AM   #170
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

After seeing the gameplay blog and considering they were saving the best for last, I do feel a bit disappointed and underwhelmed with CFM/franchise.

Obviously being able to edit everything about a player is the big one, but outside of editing contracts, I'm not sure it's how I want to spend my time. The rest of it really doesn't have any "wow" factor for me.

I was hoping to see coaching staffs, a coaching carousel, revamped scouting and free agency, more dynamic contracts, vastly improved cpu AI - roster management, etc - rebranding, vastly improved relocation, uniform creation, create-A-team (expansion teams?), conference realignment, etc, etc.

Speaking of which, has it been stated if there's been ANY changes to relocation, uniforms, team names, or stadiums? Or if there's been any changes to Owners Mode?

Last edited by Grey_Osprey; 06-13-2016 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:56 AM   #171
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat

While i agree better gameplay can be good, i disagree that CFM is better than last 4 years, to me its about the same really as far as things i really find useful being added.Since i run an online league and its the only reason i buy madden, lackluster additions added to cfm( when acting like it would be something grand) overrides gameplay improvements.
This is where I will agree to disagree with you, all the other stuff you said prior I'm in total agreement.

I'm still playing Madden 16 and it's the game play that had me immersed, not CFM. So, if I will like a few additions to CFM and the game play is much better than 16, I should be able to get my mileage out of it.

To each their own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 09:10 AM   #172
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
This is where I will agree to disagree with you, all the other stuff you said prior I'm in total agreement.

I'm still playing Madden 16 and it's the game play that had me immersed, not CFM. So, if I will like a few additions to CFM and the game play is much better than 16, I should be able to get my mileage out of it.

To each their own.
Yes im still playing it too, our league runs year round every year. The issue to me is ,they acted like it was really going to be alot added to CFM and frankly its not.I feel lied to , period.Something EA has done alot over the years and while i see gameplay improving in large leaps, i dont see that in CFM, yet for the second year in a row it was "more put into cfm than ever".... that doesnt sit well with me , when its the only reason i buy this game. Im still baffled why they put time in some of that stuff, but didnt finish what they started in giving us a real draft board when they started a framework for it last year.That just ticks me off.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-13-2016, 09:13 AM   #173
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Yes im still playing it too, our league runs year round every year. The issue to me is ,they acted like it was really going to be alot added to CFM and frankly its not.I feel lied to , period.Something EA has done alot over the years and while i see gameplay improving in large leaps, i dont see that in CFM, yet for the second year in a row it was "more put into cfm than ever".... that doesnt sit well with me , when its the only reason i buy this game. Im still baffled why they put time in some of that stuff, but didnt finish what they started in giving us a real draft board when they started a framework for it last year.That just ticks me off.
Exactly! I cannot understand why they wouldn't finish the draft board. They acknowledged last year that they knew it wasn't implemented the way we wanted it to be and that they needed to add the ability to rank players. Given a full year its mind-boggling that they didn't finish the feature.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 06-13-2016, 09:16 AM   #174
Banned

OVR: 0

Not shocked the CFM blog was incredibly underwhelming. They do this every year....act like they made major changes somewhere, when in fact, several of these "great new features" are actually "old features" or "features that shouldve been in the game years ago".

Im not even trying to bash Madden right now. Its improved over the last few years and on the right path....I just get tired of the same tactics year after year and the whole "short development cycle" excuse. You cant complain about short development cycles when you are charging full price for the game every year. If they charged $30 or even $40....fine. When you charge $60 every single year.....you are going to be held to the same standards of every other full priced game....even the ones that had 3 to 5 years of development time.

Anyway...rant over. Just disappointed I guess....again. Maybe its on the right track....but its still not where it needs to be IMO.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:47 AM   #175
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
They get their many community requests from websites not just OS, but websites similar to OS.

Here is a sample of one of them:

http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...xes/shopmaster

I don't see draft board in the top 50.

Plus, Shopmaster said he feels there is more info to drop for CFM.

Id also note this : this is the current site Shop had for people ranking top things they wanted in 17 - http://cfmmovement.com/rank-your-cfm-priorities/ This was up all year after 16 came out.

Draft Board , clearly a top 5 thing... they acknowledged last year they needed to add it,put in watch list as a suppliment until this year... yet not touched.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 10:01 AM   #176
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Id also note this : this is the current site Shop had for people ranking top things they wanted in 17 - http://cfmmovement.com/rank-your-cfm-priorities/ This was up all year after 16 came out.

Draft Board , clearly a top 5 thing... they acknowledged last year they needed to add it,put in watch list as a suppliment until this year... yet not touched.
Great find, my friend, thank you. My apologies for using an outdated CFM ranking survey.

Without working at EA, it's all about the priority, timing and resources according to Rex and Clint. 3 out of the top 5 are in the game at launch, formation subs could be in the game after launch and and JP has already mentioned to Rex, Clint and John White on Twitter that draft boards is something that needs to be in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »