Home

They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-13-2016, 10:05 AM   #177
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kse79x
I don't understand with so many being involved in online leagues, which in turn greatly expands the longevity of the game, how so little focus is put on improving things for online leagues.

I'm not a programmer but I don't see how hard it would be to add exhibition games to cfm leagues. Or even a draft board for those who can't make a draft. Ability to do more while away from console using the website would be great as well. Like scouting or letting commishes auto users, undo games or roster dumps.

I don't hate some of the changes but some seem to be very minor or not meant for online leagues. Editable players is great for offline I guess but leagues won't use that except maybe to change names.
I agree with you. Exhibition games and a real draft board would be great additions to online franchises. The one thing that I really wanted to see the most was auto mid game saves during games (even if it just saved at halftime). There's nothing worse than a disconnection with only a minute or two left in a game, especially since the league I was in last year played 15 minute quarters and it took over an hour an a half to two hours to play a game. Save points not making it in will probably keep me offline only this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I wish they just had a formula for auto progression like on NBA 2k. at end of season players go up or down based on a combination of their age, potential, and performance. theres even a slider to set from 1-100 how much players will progress and theres a slider for regression too so you can really make it exactly how you want it. its easy, simple, realistic, and doesn't feel like a gimmick at all. because its done right.

Madden's current XP progression system feels like something out of an arcade football mobile game you buy in the app store for $9.99. not like something you'd find in a top of the line sports title. in addition, while customization is a good thing - being able to pick and choose exactly what ratings to increase and by how much really takes me out of the realm of immersion.

Yeah, you can use your imagination and pretend like your the coach and you're telling that player to practice and improve those skills - but until theres variables that go into how much the player gains from it like you would find in real life (like a worth ethic rating or a rating for your coaches motivation) it just feels like one big gimmick. the fact that falling literally a few yards short of a season goal will net your player a lot less XP then someone else who got those yards is really just the icing on EA's yearly disappointment cake. I know what I'll be wishing for this year when I blow out the candles.
Good post. I love NBA 2K's progression/regression system. Potential, stats, peak age, coaches, mid-year training with intensity levels, and end of the year training camps all make up how much a player progresses/regresses. It's pretty much the perfect system, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Yes im still playing it too, our league runs year round every year. The issue to me is ,they acted like it was really going to be alot added to CFM and frankly its not.I feel lied to , period.Something EA has done alot over the years and while i see gameplay improving in large leaps, i dont see that in CFM, yet for the second year in a row it was "more put into cfm than ever".... that doesnt sit well with me , when its the only reason i buy this game. Im still baffled why they put time in some of that stuff, but didnt finish what they started in giving us a real draft board when they started a framework for it last year.That just ticks me off.
I think you're short selling Practice Squads short a little bit. I'm not a game developer, but to me the mechanics that gives other users the ability to poach players away from you and you would either have to add that player to your 53 man roster or lose them seems like a lot of work.

Regarding editing rosters commissioners/co-commissioners could easily just change the name, skin tone and college of some of the top skill players if they chose to. Therefore, if you want Deshaun Watson, Baker Mayfield, Leonard Fournette, etc. in your online league you have that option now. I for one, absolutely love that.

I admit, that this is somewhat "out of the box" way to look at things, but editing players does have some other value, as well. For one, if something is messed up with regression like WR speed or OL blocking, then you know longer have to wait on a patch. I know it would require a little work, but you and the co-commishes could easily fix all of that yourself rather than waiting and since there's a log that tracks everything, then the rest of the league can see your changes. Also in the case that you ever have to punish someone for breaking a rule editing can be a great tool. Example: Dallas user used Dez to user catch in a no switch league. Well, now as punishment rather than suspending Dez instead all of his catch ratings are moved down to 40 for the next 4 games. Get creative with it

Other than that I don't know if there's a lot to be excited about "franchise-wise" for online leagues. Hopefully, they add in some stuff post release, if not would think that the gameplay and commentary improvements would make Madden 17 a must buy for most online guys.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-13-2016, 10:14 AM   #178
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

So i just want to say my bit on XP. As a 24 year old male who is working on a radio career, i still have a decent amount of time to play games. RPG'S are my bread and butter so since they have put this XP system in place it's easy for me to understand and it allows me to have a direct impact on how I want to develop my players. I'm a sim football guy too and I still dig having some control over how my players progress. Just because of my RPG background though I can assure you I don't "stat chase" because that's not "sim" to me.
One of my big complaints of the XP system was that I could not develop every position such as O-linemen and it seems that with this new system they have found a way to do that. That, makes me happy. As long as they make a progression system that's easy for people to understand that sounds like a win to me.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 06-13-2016, 10:20 AM   #179
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
We are getting more blogs about franchise mode right? This can't be it....right
Don't know. Looks like they made some tweaks to scouting but aren't sure if they are going to keep them in or not

Old 06-13-2016, 10:23 AM   #180
MVP

OVR: 19

Is there anyway of bringing the thread back to dealing with the OP?

Some don't like any of what's been added, as they've noted in just about every other thread they've visited dealing with M17, even prior to EA Play info being done.

There's little discussion to be had about the mechanisms noted in the OP due to the path the thread has seem to taken.

If I'm not going to change your mind, and you're not going to change mind, at some point it doesn't become condusive to a constructive dialog within the OP.

Anyways, a couple of gamers have asked on Twitter to give info on any work done to "Stamina" since its noted as taken a ratings hit when an injured player is playing not fully healed.

Hope to get some feedback on this within another blog.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:38 AM   #181
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Great find, my friend, thank you. My apologies for using an outdated CFM ranking survey.

Without working at EA, it's all about the priority, timing and resources according to Rex and Clint. 3 out of the top 5 are in the game at launch, formation subs could be in the game after launch and and JP has already mentioned to Rex, Clint and John White on Twitter that draft boards is something that needs to be in the game.
so just curious which are the 3 of top 5 ? Game prep improved and practice squad ... whats the third one?

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 10:45 AM   #182
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

I had no plans of ever buying another Madden...but full player edit is going to make me rethink that.
#WeAreND
Old 06-13-2016, 10:47 AM   #183
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
so just curious which are the 3 of top 5 ? Game prep improved and practice squad ... whats the third one?
Fix regression, speed regression by WR's has been fixed.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #184
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Fix regression, speed regression by WR's has been fixed.
as also said last couple of years, #believeitwheniseeit

Ill try to find it again, somewhere this am i saw someone post a screenshot, showing a player losing -2 speed points in a year again.Seems they said it happened numerous years for the guy... That sounds like what its been in 16

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 06-13-2016 at 11:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »