Home

Madden NFL 17 Screenshot Featuring Under Armour and Adidas

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Screenshot Featuring Under Armour and Adidas within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2016, 07:52 PM   #521

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 17 Screenshot Featuring Under Armour and Adidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Maybe I'm misunderstanding Kane's post but it seems to me he was saying the NFL does in fact make a big deal about uniforms and such being correct, to the point where they fine for them when they are not. My overreaching point was there is a post from someone that went back to working on Madden, defending the validity of wanting even the smallest detail to be right yet this poster is getting it from all angles for seemingly doing the same thing. Not to mention the irony of Kane himself being involved in the interaction, the post seemed very relevant, imo.

My intent before the poster was banned was to offer up some support that someone actually involved with equipment and such, can likely relate to how they feel but seeing as how they were banned I'd hope maybe it could offer credence to his point. I hate to see anyone seemingly demonized or labeled when others don't agree with them.
Well the poster's point wasn't what got him banned, his point is fine and valid when discussed appropriately.

The point of my poorly worded post was that we had a post from Kane before he was a dev showing how frustrated he was with the state of Madden at the time and showing his passion for equipment.

I think it's pretty clear that there is something hindering the EA dev team and it isn't passion about what they are doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2016, 11:40 AM   #522
Rookie

Kenbro_504's Arena

OVR: 0

I remember when I thought I could help ea on the players likeness, I made a folder full of what each player (including kickers) wore in the league from head to toe and sent it to ea (guess they threw it away) but point is I at least see that Kane is trying and that's really all we can ask for because before it looked as if ea didn't even care. So baby steps are better than none at all. I'm ok with it. Next yr should be better and so-on.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:01 PM   #523
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbro_504
I remember when I thought I could help ea on the players likeness, I made a folder full of what each player (including kickers) wore in the league from head to toe and sent it to ea (guess they threw it away) but point is I at least see that Kane is trying and that's really all we can ask for because before it looked as if ea didn't even care. So baby steps are better than none at all. I'm ok with it. Next yr should be better and so-on.

This is exactly how I feel, I knew they couldn't possibly put everything we requested over the years equipment wise in one installment, my whole excitement came from them even giving equipment some attention again at all, because lets face it they could have ignored it for another year or two and just used the new Frostbite engine as a reason to wait. So label me grateful for the attention they gave to equipment this year.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:33 PM   #524
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Did you notice Kane didn't use the words lazy, half a**ed, or refer to reasons why things weren't in as "blah blah" excuses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not in that specific quote but Kane has posted far more critical things than that about the process and like what pat3921 posted, it shouldn't make a difference as long as it's true. The poster didn't even get in trouble for the post you're referring to, presumably because he was being honest about how he saw the situation year over year and not personally attacking anyone. The mere mention of words like "lazy", "half assed", etc in a post shouldn't matter, it's the context they are used in that should.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:59 PM   #525
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Not in that specific quote but Kane has posted far more critical things than that about the process and like what pat3921 posted, it shouldn't make a difference as long as it's true. The poster didn't even get in trouble for the post you're referring to, presumably because he was being honest about how he saw the situation year over year and not personally attacking anyone. The mere mention of words like "lazy", "half assed", etc in a post shouldn't matter, it's the context they are used in that should.
Actually that does matter because it's against the TOS to use those terms to describe developers. And you know this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2016, 06:02 PM   #526
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Actually that does matter because it's against the TOS to use those terms to describe developers. And you know this.
That falls under context though and the part about not personally attacking anyone, like I stated, c'mon man. Apparently the post Price was referring to didn't seem to violate the TOS, since it didn't receive an infraction, that was my point.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:27 PM   #527
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
That falls under context though and the part about not personally attacking anyone, like I stated, c'mon man. Apparently the post Price was referring to didn't seem to violate the TOS, since it didn't receive an infraction, that was my point.
I'm not sure I follow. Are you talking about a 3 year old post?

And are you saying its okay to call devs lazy as long as its in the right context?
Old 06-27-2016, 06:45 PM   #528
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I'm not sure I follow. Are you talking about a 3 year old post?

And are you saying its okay to call devs lazy as long as its in the right context?
What? No to both questions, here is the post I keep referring to, that I think Price was referring to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
Well, with all do respect to Kane. I don't believe all decisions are made by him. I think they did great with the cleats, color options....but this has been a trend for EA over the last ten years that doesn't seem to be changing. We ask for specific things like the compression sleeve that goes half way up the bicep. We've been asking for it for 2 years now, and EA gives us some half azzed version of it. They just give us a full one arm sleeve.... Not acceptable. Meanwhile you have other sports games that basically have had this in their games for 5 years now, clear color options are endless in other sports games, wristbands have looked way more realistic in other games and madden wristbands look like somebody wrapped a towel around the arm. Everything they do just seems half azzed and year in and year out nothing is done to correct it or do the right way. They way it should be done. Then they give some lame excuse that they have to start from a scratch or rewrite code, bla bla bla, meanwhile other sports games get it correct. Do it right, or don't do it at all.
Maybe that helps clarify everything, if not, I'm done with it either way because I don't see how this all could still be misunderstood and twisted. Also, why you would ask me "And are you saying its okay to call devs lazy as long as its in the right context?" after me clearly stating the premise about not personally attacking anyone, twice, is beyond me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »