Home

Madden NFL 17 Player Ratings - Top 5 Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Player Ratings - Top 5 Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2016, 10:30 PM   #105
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 17 Player Ratings - Top 5 Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
And you would lose.
How do you figure? And please try to give a non-packer fan biased response?

What has history shown you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2016, 10:51 PM   #106
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
How do you figure? And please try to give a non-packer fan biased response?

What has history shown you?
I'd go with Peyton Manning.He was the most successful last year because his team won the Superbowl.Really difficult to use that one game scenario when factoring in all the variables that go along with it.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:58 PM   #107
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I'd go with Peyton Manning.He was the most successful last year because his team won the Superbowl.Really difficult to use that one game scenario when factoring in all the variables that go along with it.
So the statement was made regarding one of the posters said he would take Brady over any other QB in a one-game scenario, then Godgers12 said "And you would lose".

And I said "How do you figure?"

No one said anything about Peyton Manning in these recent posts we were talking in, but again, we're not talking about team effort, we're talking about QB's being successful and Peyton was a bit of a disgrace last year. I'm sure most would agree. I'm also pretty sure most would agree that the Denver defense was the concrete reason they did so well toward the latter part of the year, playoffs and the Super Bowl. In fact, the Denver defense was downright dominant.

So to Godgers12, with that being said, why would Tom Brady lose in a one-game scenario? What gives you the idea that he would lose in a one-game scenario?
Old 07-21-2016, 11:07 PM   #108
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
So the statement was made regarding one of the posters said he would take Brady over any other QB in a one-game scenario, then Godgers12 said "And you would lose".

And I said "How do you figure?"

No one said anything about Peyton Manning in these recent posts we were talking in, but again, we're not talking about team effort, we're talking about QB's being successful and Peyton was a bit of a disgrace last year. I'm sure most would agree. I'm also pretty sure most would agree that the Denver defense was the concrete reason they did so well toward the latter part of the year, playoffs and the Super Bowl. In fact, the Denver defense was downright dominant.

So to Godgers12, with that being said, why would Tom Brady lose in a one-game scenario? What gives you the idea that he would lose in a one-game scenario?
I know you don't want to here from me but I kinda debunked the theory if you want to decipher what I said.Brady DID lose the one game.Peyton wasn't good last year but he didn't.You can take that qb of your choice for that one game but it doesn't mean a thing .What's the point.The qb's aren't the only players on the field.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:10 PM   #109
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I know you don't want to here from me but I kinda debunked the theory if you want to decipher what I said.Brady DID lose the one game.Peyton wasn't good last year but he didn't.You can take that qb of your choice for that one game but it doesn't mean a thing .What's the point.The qb's aren't the only players on the field.
And that's valid.

What people were saying though is in a one-game situation or scenario, like a conference championship or another "big game", they would take Brady over another QB. And even though I am a Patriots fan, I agree.

And yes I believe Brady deflated footballs.

And yes I believe Brady purposely destroyed his cell phone.

I still think he's one of the best, and even though Brady has lost games before, I would still take him over another QB in that clutch scenario.

That's all I was saying. And Godgers12 wasn't giving us any reason why he thinks "Brady would lose", so I was asking him how he came up with that.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:39 PM   #110
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Comparing players 40 years apart based on stats isn't apples to apples.

Lacy is okay, just overrated in Wisconsin (where I live). His YPC ranks among rbs year by year: 23rd, 11th, and 28th. Those aren't great rankings. Now obviously there is more that goes into being a rb, but I'm just saying.
He is a second round draft choice. I could see your point more if he was a 1st rounder, but a second round draft choice over rated with over 3000 yds?

How else to you compare players from different eras? You can certainly compare HOF's numbers with today's players.

The kid has three years in the league and he is by no means an elite RB, but he is above avg.

I live in WI, am a die hard Packer fan, and Lacy is a good RB, not elite. All the Packer fans I know feel he is a above avg RB.

Don't try to lump all Packers fans living in WI feeling Lacy is a great RB. A few fans you know doesn't make up the whole entire Packer fan base and I'm just saying that too.

Time to move on from this, agree to disagree, again. I'm not going to move your needle about Lacy being an average or just "okay" RB, and you definitely aren't going to move my needle that Lacy is a above avg. RB.

Last edited by roadman; 07-22-2016 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:48 PM   #111
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I mean, if we want to go #QBWinz on this thread:

The last time Rodgers and Brady faced off, the Packers won in a game where they always held the lead and Rodgers statistically out-performed Brady easily.

That said, I don't believe in #QBWinz and think that that argument I just typed would be completely ridiculous to actually use. Again, wins are a team stat.

Aaron Rodgers is more talented than Tom Brady, while Tom Brady is more accomplished (and possibly the most decorated quarterback ever, even over Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, or whoever else). I don't think that's a slight to either player. "Better" isn't a precise enough term when you are discussing two guys who are both so very good at what they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2016, 11:59 PM   #112
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited by underdog13; 07-22-2016 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Nvm

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »