Home

Madden NFL 17 Team Ratings - NFC (Overall, Offense & Defense)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Team Ratings - NFC (Overall, Offense & Defense) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2016, 12:21 AM   #121
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Team ratings NFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
And I did say statistically he's a good player,but it doesn't translate to wins not to mention the players u named except for Ben has been in the league less years than he has. And they all have won SB .

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Cowboys are 78-49 with him as starter. 7-20 with out him. So he doesn't win?

3-1 with him last year. 1-11 with out him. So he doesn't win? Mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2016, 12:25 AM   #122
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 17 Team Ratings - NFC (Overall, Offense & Defense)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
The football is about wins and loses and making it as far as u can to reach and win SB, he can have all the stats but still under achieve that goes for any player

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Guess the Eagles whole SB era means nothing since they have never won a SB right?

I don't agree. Some really good teams don't win the SB. Some get hot at just the right time. Eli's SB wins

Old 08-06-2016, 12:30 AM   #123
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL 17 Team Ratings - NFC (Overall, Offense & Defense)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcpack12
Half of the code in this game goes back to the ps2.. I have reverse engineered just to take a look. All EA really did was put lipstick on a pig, and tweak the ps2 engine a million times over.
No, you did not decompile the game.

Further, even if you did decompile the game, you would not locate any information you sought out to find. The number of lines of code in Madden NFL exceeds eight digits, so just by brute force you're dealing with something on the order of an 18,000-page book in length. In addition, decompiled code is so mangled, unrecognizable, and unreadable that even the original authors would have a hard time knowing what they were looking at. Moreover, the source code was probably also compiled with the -O3 flag or something similar for hardware performance reasons, which would further mangle it and further prevent you from accomplishing what you claim.

So no, you didn't do this.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:48 AM   #124
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcpack12

3- Romo is a regular season QB and always will be. Hes achieved alot for being an undrafted QB. Hes just not the smartest guy under center. Alot of people discount composure and knowing when to strike. Understandably though, because its an immeasurable quality. Brady has made a HOF career on mastering his composure. On the flip side, Brett Favre squandered many many playoff games by never fully understanding how to play composed situational QB. Quarterback above all else is a cerebral game. All 32 Quarterbacks are physically elite. The difference is in their heads. Romo doesn't have it upstairs. Sorry cowboy fans.

That is all. Carry on.

Umm did you happen to catch Romo and Warner talking the position the other day on Training Camp live? Romo is far from not having it upstairs - he's one of the best studies of the game. You may be confusing him with someone like Newton who notoriously struggles in the film room.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:23 AM   #125
Rookie

jezatron's Arena

OVR: 9

If we're disregarding any achievements other than the Super Bowl win then let's rate Denver at 100 OVR and everyone else zero? Lol

Vikings were better than packers last year. That's a fact. Do I think they will be this year? Not really. These ratings should reflect 15/16.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2016, 08:26 AM   #126
Rookie

jezatron's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezatron
If we're disregarding any achievements other than the Super Bowl win then let's rate Denver at 100 OVR and everyone else zero? Lol

Vikings were better than packers last year. That's a fact. Do I think they will be this year? Not really. These ratings should reflect 15/16.

And I agree with some of the points about Philly. I mean I love the Eagles it's like a disease. But we have under achieved since the Super Bowl era. You can't argue with that.

Seasons where we don't win he super bowl but do manage to represent what Philly fans want to see in a football team though, are not lost seasons. Hence Schwartz running the defense with Cox, Logan, Graham and Curry excites me as a fan from the Buddy Ryan days

Old 08-06-2016, 08:28 AM   #127
Rookie

jezatron's Arena

Personally I'm not convinced Romo is dumb. I think he lacks composure though in some scenarios for sure

Old 08-06-2016, 09:04 AM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 0

One very important thing to remember with both the player ratings and the team ratings is that they aren't just a reflection of last year's production, they are a prediction of what will happen this year. Dustin Smith confirmed in an interview that he not only analyses the player's play from last year, but also makes educated predictions on how they will perform this year and produced ratings accordingly. Obviously some predictions will be wrong, but tearing the ratings down because of how a team or player did last year isn't a good way to do it.

For example, last year anyone with half a brain could have predicted DeMarco Murray's poor season. Almost every single NFL league leader in rushing attempts for the past 2 decades experienced a significant decline the following year - and most of the time for the rest of their career.

2015/16 - Adrian Peterson - we'll see...he's pretty super-human, but history suggests he'll decline this year.

2014/15 - DeMarco Murray - huge production fall-off the following year.

2013/14 - LeSean McCoy - played okay the next year, but definitely declined and has continued to decline ever since.

2012/13 - Arian Foster - injured the following year, played well the year after, but clearly caught the injury bug and has never been as dominant.

2011/12 - Maurice Jones Drew - injured the following year and never played at a high level again.

2010/11 - Michael Turner - he was a rare exception, played well the next year and also led the league in '08 and returned to this list.

2009/10 - Chris Johnson - still produced 1000 yard seasons, but nowhere near the same dominance and has steadily declined ever since.

2008/09 - Michael Turner - did get injured the next year, but bounced back. Again, he's an exception.

2007/08 - Clinton Portis - another exception, played great the following year.

2006/07 - Larry Johnson - drop off in performance for the rest of his career and never played a full season again due to injuries.

2005/06 - Shaun Alexander - big drop off in performance for the rest of his career and never played a full season again due to injuries.

2004/05 - Curtis Martin - big drop off in performance and injuries the next year, then retired.

I think we get the picture. DeMarco Murray's fall off was easily predictable - but last year he got rated a 94, which might have made sense during preseason, but anyone who started a franchise with launch rosters had a significantly different DeMarco Murray than the actual one. This year, the ratings are supposedly more aware of such things and Dustin Smith has taken a slightly more predictive approach. (That hasn't seemed to affect this rating of Adrian Peterson, but maybe he's banking on AP being one of those exceptions)

Just wanted to point that out as we critique the ratings. Don't think only about what the players deserve, think about how they'll likely perform this year as well.

Last edited by Jimbo12308; 08-06-2016 at 09:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »