Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.09 Coming Soon, Here Are Some Details

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.09 Coming Soon, Here Are Some Details within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 06:07 PM   #161
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: New Patch Spoilers

Ima killer in quick match never played ranked there's no point of it everyone picks the same fighters everyone picks champion shorts for every fighter who isn't the champion in real life it's just pointless
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2016, 06:38 PM   #162
Rookie

WhoDatNinja's Arena

I'm all for the GA meter, more transparency into whats happening is great. Like gpd said the top grapplers already know, now the rest of us can know too. With the magic combo nerfed theres gonna be a lotta people looking for new strategies, maybe they'll try the ground and need help to learn it (jokes, they'll obviously look for the next exploit).
Old 08-14-2016, 06:49 PM   #163
VideoGame PseudoScientist

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatNinja
I'm all for the GA meter, more transparency into whats happening is great. Like gpd said the top grapplers already know, now the rest of us can know too. With the magic combo nerfed theres gonna be a lotta people looking for new strategies, maybe they'll try the ground and need help to learn it (jokes, they'll obviously look for the next exploit).
Yup! I'm always in favor of giving more information to the player.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:57 PM   #164
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Sure would be nice if they nerfed caf uppercuts in quick match. If you get hit with one you can get stuck in reaction unable to do anything until you are ko'd.

Don't think the leg and body hit reaction thing will reflect this at all.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:05 PM   #165
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Something else i'd like to see with this patch is:

1 - Force people who hold HIGH Block, instead of timing it properly, to have their movement speed decreased to the same ammount it is decreased, for when there is a body health event.

2 - When someone is lunging/slipping, strikes cut short, instead of their original tragectory and especially when someone has stopped lunging strike accuracy takes too long to recover, you are still throwing dumb strikes even when the lunge animation of the opponent has stopped. Hopefully it's fixxed.

3 - When someone is holding slip to one direction and sitting still over there, strikes that come after him, shouldn't be dumbed down or cut short, but instead hit him if his standing still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2016, 09:09 PM   #166
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Top players already know all the GA rules though.

This is more for people who haven't been exposed to them.
Exactly. I haven't studied that stuff on this forum. I'm one of those people. Just wanna say take what people here say with a grain of salt on the matter. Of course they want to know what others don't.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:18 PM   #167
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Exactly. I haven't studied that stuff on this forum. I'm one of those people. Just wanna say take what people here say with a grain of salt on the matter. Of course they want to know what others don't.
That's what practice mode, career, offline is for

You start putting gauges in quick match you'll see people quickly look for ways to exploit.

Then everyone will be complaining. You heard it here first.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:45 PM   #168
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Use movement?
Fair call but I meant relative to engaging in striking exchanges not relative to the game as a whole. At level 6 and above you already have most fighters doing that constant in and out motion for 5 rounds just fishing for a counter. I know this is a real life strategy eg Condit vs Diaz but it makes the game quite boring when most people at level 6 just play for a decision because of how dangerous the striking already is with high and low block separated. Perfect example of this is Martial Mind used to complain when fighters would back up and use movement in EA UFC 1 because he always pressed forward. Now because the blocks have been separated and striking is more dangerous he almost exclusively uses movement and counters for a decision which illustrates striking is dangerous enough in its current form.

By making high block weaker you are going to make people engage less not more. I see this being a good thing for the lower levels in ranked but at the higher levels it's just going to make fighters even more tentative to engage. It's true I am not a fan of the change but let’s see how it plays out. I predict it will make players even more tentative to engage and even less aggressive given their ability to defend has been reduced.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »