Home

NBA 2K17 Arena Authenticity Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Arena Authenticity Trailer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Arena Authenticity Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
I get it, you don't care because it isn't YOUR teams court (and unis) that are all jacked up (for the 2nd straight year).

I play almost exclusively as the Bucks. If, let's say, the Nuggets court was way off, it wouldn't bother me either. But you better believe I'd completely understand if Nuggets fans were fuming over it.

Trust me I totally feel you as a Knicks fan. I've been praying every year to see Madison Square Garden planted on the court smh. I just don't see enough Knicks fans talking about it to make 2k react.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2016, 03:35 PM   #114
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy
Knicks and Bucks fans still gotta be unhappy...

I don't get how they can get so many things right and those things wrong!

Although I think someone doing the game flat out hates the Bucks.... So many errors with their stuff...
I think they just arent aware. People tend to complain more about Dwight Howard's hair (which was fixed) than the Bucks or Knicks court colors. I swear if Knicks or Bucks fans started tweeting in mass those would get fixed.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:35 PM   #115
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
False. You said "Can't believe they actually made a whole trailer based around recording a few ball sounds.

We want organs and crowd chants plus proper noise and reaction."

One, the whole trailer isnt recorded around ball sounds. In fact only the first 46 seconds feature ball sounds. The whole trailer is 2 1/2 minutes.

Two, there is an OKC and a Toronto chant.

Three, you said "proper noise and reaction" and a minute of the trailer shows you clips of the crowd reacting properly.

You are free to knock the trailer regarding issues with the game (I'm still not convinced the crowd noise has been fixed) but at least use valid points instead of hyperbole.
I'm not using hyperbole at all. Ball sounds and rim sounds are literally the only new thing I saw in that trailer.

The trailer to me didn't scream out that they've recorded each arenas chants and crowd noises throughout the game, despite them claiming authenticity.

They literally make out in that trailer like the MSG organ or Korver three is new to 2K17. Talk about false advertising.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 03:37 PM   #116
Pro

cmebfresh's Arena

OVR: 8

I wish we can import our own sounds sounds in again... i had my 2k sounding like i'm watching tv with the team chants

MIAMI ALL THE WAY

MIAMI HEAT
MIAMI DOLPHINS
MIAMI MARLINS
AND THE U
Old 09-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #117
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
I'm not using hyperbole at all. Ball sounds and rim sounds are literally the only new thing I saw in that trailer.

The trailer to me didn't scream out that they've recorded each arenas chants and crowd noises throughout the game, despite them claiming authenticity.

They literally make out in that trailer like the MSG organ or Korver three is new to 2K17. Talk about false advertising.
You are though. I'm talking about your original post not what you are saying now. You said the whole trailer was ball sounds and it wasnt. Thats hyperbole.

Now if you wanted to say you didnt see anything new...you shouldve said that.

It would be wrong because the Hornets chant is new and the crowd sounds are definitely new but it would support what you are saying now.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #118
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
I wish we can import our own sounds sounds in again... i had my 2k sounding like i'm watching tv with the team chants
I still have hundreds of files waiting for the day 2k brings back arena sounds. I wonder if its possible to change arena sounds on the PC.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #119
Pro

SkillzFromThe6's Arena

Looks like there's no Raptors fans outside the arena this year
Old 09-06-2016, 03:40 PM   #120
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr33mo
Also, no one ever notices the Knicks 3pt line should be blue and not white. I also don't think it has anything to do with not having the license at all. If they couldn't replicate the garden bcus of a license then there is no way they would be able to use the Knicks' iconic one of a kind ceiling.
Exactly, if they can damn near replicate the ceiling of the Garden they can get the 3PT line the right color and the shade of blue correct for the entire floor (or at min much closer to the real-life thing).

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »