Home

NBA 2K17 Arena Authenticity Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Arena Authenticity Trailer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-06-2016, 03:49 PM   #129
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Arena Authenticity Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont care if your opinion is its a "meh" trailer. Like I said, you dont have to overstate or ignore things to make your point. Thats my point.

I'm happy about the crowd sounds but could give a **** about the rim, horn or net sounds (honestly I dont really notice those sounds much). Neither of us know whether this is going to make it "feel like a proper game" until we play it or see videos.

You dont have to act like the trailer is nothing but ball sounds (when its not) to make your point. If anything, it takes away from your point because you are exaggerating.
There is nothing in that trailer to indicate that 2K has added anything new except ball sounds and ball hitting the rim/net sounds.

I could have sworn the buzzers were different in each stadium last year and the chants in the trailer shown were in last year too.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:50 PM   #130
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Oh and those crowd sounds in that trailer...ain't none of that **** new.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:52 PM   #131
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Oh and those crowd sounds in that trailer...ain't none of that **** new.
I think the reactions are. Especially the different reactions to different shots. I just hope it works the way it should.

I was playing Live this weekend and while its much better and more consistent than 2k16 when it comes to crowd sounds, people are overrating it a little. If 2k can finally fix the reactions, I'll be happy with the sound.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 03:53 PM   #132
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
There is nothing in that trailer to indicate that 2K has added anything new except ball sounds and ball hitting the rim/net sounds.

I could have sworn the buzzers were different in each stadium last year and the chants in the trailer shown were in last year too.
Again. You are making a point that is different than what you wrote. If you wanted to say there was nothing new....you shouldve said that. You still would be wrong.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:53 PM   #133
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think they just arent aware. People tend to complain more about Dwight Howard's hair (which was fixed) than the Bucks or Knicks court colors. I swear if Knicks or Bucks fans started tweeting in mass those would get fixed.
Thing is, these things are so obvious that they shouldn't have to be pointed out. If I'm part of an art team for a huge company/game like this, no way in the world are these things gonna be so far off. If you work in the art department, your attention to detail should be much better than this. I'd also have too much pride to let this stuff slide thru. Isn't this about being as authentic as possible?

Either way, I have seen many people mention the Bucks court/unis all last year...here, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter...what gives?

Personally, I have contacted a bunch of the 2K guys as well (PMs here, Twitter etc), but no no avail.

Look, the Bucks green unis are too light again this year, just like last. Giannis skin is too dark again this year, just like last. And then, obviously the court...which is the biggest issue I wish they'd fix.

The Bucks court is so hideous in the game, I don't even play home games with the Bucks (sad, eh). Only time I play home games is on the Fear The Deer court (which is awesome they put that in last year!). But then, you're forced to wear the black unis.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #134
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Constructive criticism is one thing. Whining and complaining is another. It seems this forum's posters have lost the ability to differentiate between the two. Or maybe I'm just a gentleman....or getting old.
welcome to gaming AARP sir - youre not alone lol, we stand with you
Old 09-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #135
Rookie

kurt2134's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm extremely happy with the focus on sounds and atmosphere. Now we just need confirmation that the retro game filters are back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #136
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman14
Has anybody here tweeted 2k or guys like Ronnie and LD2K that about the Knicks and Bucks courts?
But doesn't the art department have some sort of reference pictures that they use when designing the courts? They should be able to see themselves that the court colors are off. Plus, this isn't the first time they've had issues with the Knicks blue being the wrong color.

Back in 2K13.

Knicks jersey was the same sky blue color the court is now, when it should be dark blue like below.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »