Home

NBA 2K17 Arena Authenticity Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Arena Authenticity Trailer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2016, 05:20 PM   #201
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA 2K17 Arena Authenticity Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
You mean to tell me there have NEVER been times at actual games where the crowd doesn't explode in non 4th quarter moments or non big games? Or that Defense chants are never that loud in the first half?

That's some strong hyperbole right there. Don't confuse Verizon with the other 29 Arenas now.
I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying it doesnt happen most of the time. I've been to a GSW game in Oracle. I've been to a Knicks game in MSG. Ive been to a Thunder game in OKC. Lakers. Philly (during the Iverson years) Atlanta. All regular season games.

The only one where the crowd was constantly on their feet was OKC. The defense chant is always there but is it like what you hear in BluFu's video ....hell no.

The crowd cheers during big plays during the regular season too but compared to the a big dunk during a Playoff game. Not even close unless its a hyped up game like a OKC/CLE game.

Thats my point. The chant should be there but it should be at a 4 instead of an 9 or 10. The cheers should be there but should be somewhat subdued if its a reg season game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 05:21 PM   #202
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Either way, as disappointed as I am, I will still be giving 2K my $60 on the 16th.
And there's the problem right there.

They **** up and you keep giving them your money. It's like buying your girl a "let's make up" gift for her cheating on you, lol
Old 09-06-2016, 05:22 PM   #203
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillazKill
Football meaning Soccer. Not sure why people don't call it football... Most the game is played by using your foot lol
LOL. I havent been to a soccer game but I'm planning to head to London and Manchester to catch a few in March. I cant wait.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:23 PM   #204
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
And there's the problem right there.

They **** up and you keep giving them your money. It's like buying your girl a "let's make up" gift for her cheating on you, lol
But she doesnt cheat just once. She does it over and over and over again and every time you buy her the most expensive gift you can.

You could buy the damn game used a week later, make your point (even if its a minscule one) to 2k and still play the game.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #205
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

The dribbling and net sounds sound improved but I can't tell a difference from one arena to another tbh. I like how all the shot clocks have distinct sounds though. I can't tell enough from this video to decided whether or not to be excited for the crowd sounds. That's something that's been lacking in authenticity in past years.

....and if a court is wrong people have a right to complain. Especially, if it's been that way for consecutive years. I'm not a Bucks or Knicks fan really (I'm just a Kentucky Wildcats basketball fan and primarily go for former Kentucky players or players that I just like to watch play the game. I don't really have a specific team) so it doesn't effect me and I probably wouldn't even notice if someone else hadn't pointed it out but they should really work on getting those courts right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #206
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

One point I forgot to make, I don't know if someone already has or not, but the last thing holding back AUDIO authenticity is that each arena has the same PA announcer.

Previous installments already had arena specific lines that he says, as does 2k17, but to have 30 different PA announcers, or at least voice actors, would go a long way in seperating each arena's audio identity.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 09-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #207
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

2K hired Jaosming.

He would have gotten this right.

So 2K put him in charge of 2KTV.

Because that, like, totally makes sense.

Disagree? Oh, I'm sorry, how's YOUR game doing?

(that last line was sarcasm)
Old 09-06-2016, 05:26 PM   #208
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

OVR: 0

Didn't people leak gameplay footage? Is there one with normal audio floating around?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »