Home

NBA 2K17 Arena Authenticity Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Arena Authenticity Trailer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2016, 10:57 AM   #481
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K17 Arena Authenticity Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The idea most likely came through marketings pipeline before the devs

Add to that they took their time starting and in a couple of days the demo will be out, but we have had zero HD footage with sound

There are no excuses for that.

Snoop saw and heard it

So did some baseball player

As well as ms Fang the Fifa girl

and some of those community dudes have the game early

This is trash tactics at its finest... where are the guys who designed the offense and defense, something that needed to be addressed sorely.

I appreciate the shoe trailer and yesterday, but C'mon man

You realize this came out September 4th last year?

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...-with-da-czar/

The game is releasing earlier so lol @ any excuses
Of course, devs were likely just given a deadline. Then you have Rob mentioning how things came in late. It is what it is....just noting that it was probably a rough go for the guys actually concerned about quality.

Not really concerned (or ever concerned) with marketing....ill be playing the game in 2 days anyway...full game a week after that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 10:58 AM   #482
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The fact that you are speculating so much tells you all you need to know

The communication is not as great as they might think.
Mike Wang was a hero for what he did in his blog thread. He's been the only reliable source of communication about the game so far and we're 9 days from early release -- he singlehandedly outperformed the entire 2K marketing team in my opinion.

Marketing dropped the ball in a huge way this year; I know we all know that, but it bears repeating, especially for those of us who have been 2K players since the beginning.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #483
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Of course, devs were likely just given a deadline. Then you have Rob mentioning how things came in late. It is what it is....just noting that it was probably a rough go for the guys actually concerned about quality.

Not really concerned (or ever concerned) with marketing....ill be playing the game in 2 days anyway...full game a week after that.
Im not talking about the devs

I agree its coming anyway, but that doesn't change how this has been butchered
Old 09-07-2016, 11:05 AM   #484
MVP

OVR: 9

Here is an IGN Spain preview also, just translate the page into English, there is no sound for the gameplay.

http://es.ign.com/nba-2k17-ps4/10792...-xbox-one-y-pc
Old 09-07-2016, 11:07 AM   #485
Rookie

alexbrg's Arena

I was glad to read we may finally see the Bucks and Knicks courts fixed (also, if you're reading this LD2K, the Brooklyn Nets court needs work too).
Speaking of the Knicks though, is it me or do their road jerseys look way off this year? Kind of mind-boggling really, cause I thought they looked great in 2K16. I only just watched that Knicks @ Warriors video and I swear those look like the Phoenix Suns to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #486
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

The whole time I was sitting here watching this video I was just like.....okayyy....

It's cool, I guess, but...I don't know.

Authentic to me, means the 2011 playoff run arena sounds from the Sixers should be gone. And their nets need to be turned up really loud. I don't know why, but compared to other arenas when there's a swish or a dunk you can really hear the net noises.

As far as audio is concerned, the crowd needed a lot of work along with dunks and rim noises...also commentary in Pro-Am but that's separate (maybe.)

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #487
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The fact that you are speculating so much tells you all you need to know

The communication is not as great as they might think.
I'm fully on board with you that they missed to boat with marketing this year. Still will be a great game, but I don't think it's great to jam all this stuff so close together.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:52 AM   #488
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Rockets/Warriors gameplay was pretty good. I can definitely see the new lighting effects and it looks amazing. Curry's body looks awful, considering his body was damn near perfect last year imo. His arms arms are way too damn skinny when his arms are pretty defined in real life.

Unfortunately, I'm still seeing players dribble and catch the ball through defenders bodies and that's a damn shame. I don't think it was ever this bad in last gen. Another, thing I noticed was that the CPU does less of those idiotic bail out fouls that they did last year and that's honestly huge for me.

That combined with the improved transition D, increased player awareness and removal of the defensive assist off LT will make this game about 50 times less stressful to play than 2K16.

EDIT: The switching is also much better, quicker and decisive. Last year the CPU was so damn slow and uncertain of when and how to switch.

Last edited by Hustle Westbrook; 09-07-2016 at 12:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »