Home

NBA 2K17 Face Scan App (MyNBA2K17) Arrives Sept. 8 For iOS & Android (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Face Scan App (MyNBA2K17) Arrives Sept. 8 For iOS & Android (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 09:29 PM   #89
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K17 Face Scan App (MyNBA2K17) Arrives Sept. 8 For iOS & Android (PS4, Xbox O

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS
What time will it release? Midnight? 8AM? Which time zone??
Probably around 9 AM PDT

Old 09-07-2016, 09:52 PM   #90
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Face Scan App (MyNBA2K17) Arrives Sept. 8 For iOS & Android (PS4, Xbox O

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
Probably around 9 AM PDT

So that would be Noon EST.

Hopefully the face scanning this year is way better than last year. Last year's face scanning took a huge step back from 2k15.

Hopefully this is easier and more accurate.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:21 PM   #91
VFL

LeBlonde James's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
So that would be Noon EST.

Hopefully the face scanning this year is way better than last year. Last year's face scanning took a huge step back from 2k15.

Hopefully this is easier and more accurate.
Hoping so, with the phone app it should be much easier to find a spot and get good lighting at least

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 10:56 PM   #92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hargroverichie
Hoping so, with the phone app it should be much easier to find a spot and get good lighting at least

The pain I had with a TV that was to the side of my window in my room and trying to aim the Kinect in the right place to get a proper scan in while seeing the instructions was ridiculous. Hours of different angles, setting it on top of various places trying to level it and attempting to get the Kinect to even get the face scanning started were nightmares.

I never tried Live's app to know how it is with a phone but like you said, it's a lot easier to carry around than a Kinect to find that lighting balance.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:12 PM   #93
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzombniac
The pain I had with a TV that was to the side of my window in my room and trying to aim the Kinect in the right place to get a proper scan in while seeing the instructions was ridiculous. Hours of different angles, setting it on top of various places trying to level it and attempting to get the Kinect to even get the face scanning started were nightmares.

I never tried Live's app to know how it is with a phone but like you said, it's a lot easier to carry around than a Kinect to find that lighting balance.
Even though I never had NBA Live, I downloaded the app anyway and it took me not even 3 minutes to get a good, accurate face scan. It was brilliant.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:16 PM   #94
VFL

LeBlonde James's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Yeah it was a struggle lol I just made the best player I could without a scan but i can get fairly close to my appearance with the creator.

The live app was pretty decent and easy to use...here's how mine turned out.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:45 PM   #95
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

How many dead bodies do you have locked away Richard jk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 11:47 PM   #96
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Me and my friends used studio lighting with the Kinect on a tripod and the scans still didn't come out as good as they should've. I tried the Live app for the demo last year and it only took 2 tries to get a better scan than hours of using the one in 2K.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »