Home

NHL 17 Franchise Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Franchise Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2016, 09:47 AM   #73
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 17 Franchise Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details

I don't know why there's an argument about gameplay in a franchise mode thread... anyways, I like what I've seen so far, the stat banners, menus, relocation all look good. I'm glad GM firing is back and that you can put all the non-hockey related stuff on auto.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:52 AM   #74
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
This. Oh Lord, this x 100000.

I would love to hear the explanation as to how a 25YO video game could have out of town highlights on a 16-bit system but the new hardware can't.

On a different note, I haven't played the GM mode on any NHL game for a long time.
I've heard that the scouting, drafting and general CPU AI is really poor in NHL 16.
Good prospects are UFA's after 2 seasons.
Scouting makes almost no difference in getting detailed information on a prospect.
And I read somewhere that certain regions will stop producing prospects after 3 or 4 seasons.

Can anyone provide more information on that?
Hopefully some of this stuff is fixed for '17.
I really like the additions to the Franchise Mode. It would be a shame of bugs prevented me from having a good time with it.
I disagree with you 100%. Dont believe everything you read. I only play OFFLINE BeaPro and GM. Both of these modes have their issues but overall the GM mode is GREAT. Your forgetting that this is a video game and not real life. There are bound to be issues. Im 10 years into my GM and have never once run into the issues you refer too. The only thing i noticed is the prospects total went down in most regions. With the correct sliders and playing the game correctly and not just trying to skate north to south. Use your team mates this game is phenomenal and i cant wait for NHL 17 changes
Old 08-17-2016, 11:34 AM   #75
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
In terms of customization, it doesn't look like you'll be able to import anything. As far as replacing teams, that's a question mark too.
Thanx for the response.

Anyone else know more about replacing teams in Franchise Mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 03:41 PM   #76
G12
Just started!

G12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
This Info actually makes me go from thinking of buying my first Hockey game in a few years to leaning towards not.

I want Freedom and Customization, but instead it's controlling everything. Hopefully Franchise mode is just one mode and there is another version that is GM mode. Or there are lots of options to turn off/on.
I don't want to worry about being fired if I am stuggling at first. I don't want to mess with concession prices. And it sounds like you can't create and replace a team, but can only move in the future if approved.

I want it to be like MyLeague in NBA 2K, where I can replace teams, customize what I want, and do what I want in my Offline League.
You can turn on auto assign for concessions and stuff.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:42 AM   #77
Rookie

Northernwolf's Arena

I found a lot of info on franchise through this youtuber:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuLKyN6SEJo

Most important stuff for me:

- You can substitute teams from the start of your franchise!
- You can turn off owner mode, or just play with some of the options on.
- Turn on or off morale
Old 09-12-2016, 09:30 AM   #78
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernwolf
I found a lot of info on franchise through this youtuber:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuLKyN6SEJo

Most important stuff for me:

- You can substitute teams from the start of your franchise!
- You can turn off owner mode, or just play with some of the options on.
- Turn on or off morale
I'm really hoping someone checks on moving teams and if it changes their conference when you relocate. I asked EA, but got crickets from them, which makes me think that they didn't really plan our team relocation, and you'll just be stuck in the same conference with your new team. So if I move Carolina to Seattle, I'm going to play in the East despite being on the opposite side of the map. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:42 AM   #79
Rookie

il_tedesco's Arena

"I'm really hoping someone checks on moving teams and if it changes their conference when you relocate"

You can only move west teams to west cities and vice versa. So there is no need for adjusting conferences. IE Phoenix cant move to Quebec and Carolina cant relocate to Seattle... Some Cities in the middle of the US are open for both.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:45 AM   #80
Rookie

What bothers me is the potential system.

You can have a player score 50 goals a season after another, but he can be stuck at 83 overall, because of his potential. If a player doesn't develop based on performance, then it's just pointless.

That was my main issue in NHL 16 and I'm wondering if they still have the same issue in NHL 17.

Also in NHL 16 the face off rating for every player was stuck, it never developed. I wonder if that's still the case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »