Home

MLB The Show 17 Video - Walking Through The New Features, Including Create a Player

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Video - Walking Through The New Features, Including Create a Player within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Video - Walking Through The New Features, Including Create a Play

Amazing video but as a uniform guy I'll comment on that. Disappointed to only see 10 uniform slots still available but all the other changes have my hyped and still giving them the benefit of the doubt on uniforms.

Huge change if I'm not mistaken they finally got the Indians collar piping the same thickness as the sleeve piping so I'm praying it's fixed for my Marlins as well.

Don't like the ST warmup jacket pullover things in there, would rather have the BP jerseys or the Spring jerseys. There are 3 now and I feel like they chose the least useful one as the one they chose is not for game use.

I love the listing of the uniforms, I love the specifying of the year of the throwbacks and I love that a player models it and that uniforms are already combined and that picking individual while still available is only an option because it's not always necessary.

And I love the improved coloring of the uniforms as well.

Also, I'm not an expert on the Indians can anyone confirm based on the video if the socks were right or wrong in this one?
Old 02-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #98
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
They said in the stream chat that they're having tech difficulties, will be starting soon.
Can I get link please? Thank you
Old 02-15-2017, 05:21 PM   #99
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 17 Video - Walking Through The New Features, Including Create a Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy13
Can I get link please? Thank you
https://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio
Old 02-15-2017, 05:30 PM   #100
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Did anyone else notice how in today's new video, Cano has generic wrist guards?

Also, another thing piece of equipment that I have yet to see is the EvoShield elbow guards? Bryant isn't wearing one and I can't think of other players but they've all worn the bulky style one elbow guard instead.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 02-15-2017, 05:44 PM   #101
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

The create a player revamp is awesome. Very excited to see the rosters the guys here at OS come up with this year. Might be more work for them but they have so many more tools this year at their disposal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2017, 05:46 PM   #102
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon96
Did anyone else notice how in today's new video, Cano has generic wrist guards?

Also, another thing piece of equipment that I have yet to see is the EvoShield elbow guards? Bryant isn't wearing one and I can't think of other players but they've all worn the bulky style one elbow guard instead.
I noticed this too, Machado also had the bulky elbow guard on instead of the EvoShield, im just gonna assume it's because it's an early build.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:53 PM   #103
Rookie

Re: Gamespot Video Walking Through New Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Care to provide some examples please?
I'll take it upon myself to share some. I'll compare from the latest footage from the Gamespot interview you were on.

The only time the grass comes close to being the correct color in The Show is when there is an overcast in real life. Apart from that the grass seems to be a shade too bright or faded.

(closest image I could find to The Show but still slightly off)
Old 02-15-2017, 06:04 PM   #104
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Re: Gamespot Video Walking Through New Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperman240
I'll take it upon myself to share some. I'll compare from the latest footage from the Gamespot interview you were on.

The only time the grass comes close to being the correct color in The Show is when there is an overcast in real life. Apart from that the grass seems to be a shade too bright or faded.

(closest image I could find to The Show but still slightly off)

And there you go

Look how much more vivid and colorful real life grass is

Maybe HDR can fix this issue?

Last edited by tnixen; 02-15-2017 at 06:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »