Home

MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Video - Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees (Full Game)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Video - Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees (Full Game) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2017, 07:07 PM   #105
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Video - Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees (Full Gam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
My jump to a conclusion, small sample size impression of the videos I've seen so far is graphics and animations look great, ball spin looks realistic. Regarding gameplay it appears "human AI" has turned every infielder in to a gold glove candidate and I have yet to see an infield hit and most runs scored are via the home run.

My strategy as a manage mode user will be to get fast middle infielders who can get a glove on ground balls and let the human AI do the rest.
Ramone specifically commented on this in the video, stating that they were playing on Veteran difficulty.

Sent from my htc 10 using Tapatalk

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2017, 07:18 PM   #106
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Video - Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees (Full Gam

Yankee stadium looks great, nice upgrades!
Old 03-15-2017, 07:18 PM   #107
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Ramone specifically commented on this in the video, stating that they were playing on Veteran difficulty.

He did but I'll stick with my impression of human AI until I see differently because I doubt difficulty changes it because it is animation. I have yet to see an infield hit. I'll get fast SS and 2B, a good 3B in manage mode and I'll bet there are tons of double plays. The key will be to get infielders who can get a glove on the ball and let the animation do the rest. That's the plan.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:22 PM   #108
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

There wasnt one particular thing about the video that jumped out at me as different from MLB16. Yet, somehow it looks and feels (even though I obviously haven't played it) different and new. Everything just flows so well together.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:54 PM   #109
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB

If i remember well, he was referring to hitting. Maybe Tessl is right, i don't know and it's difficult to point out gameplay aspects from a youtube video or live streams. But i got a similar feeling, honestly.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #110
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
He did but I'll stick with my impression of human AI until I see differently because I doubt difficulty changes it because it is animation. I have yet to see an infield hit. I'll get fast SS and 2B, a good 3B in manage mode and I'll bet there are tons of double plays. The key will be to get infielders who can get a glove on the ball and let the animation do the rest. That's the plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
If i remember well, he was referring to hitting. Maybe Tessl is right, i don't know and it's difficult to point out gameplay aspects from a youtube video or live streams. But i got a similar feeling, honestly.
Ok.

YouTube

Old 03-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #111
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

The Yankees numbers seemed to be higher on the back of the jersey. Maybe not exactly where they need to be, but much much better.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2017, 08:05 PM   #112
MVP

Re: Full 2017 Game Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
Can we assume that tomorrow will be the pro version since it's partly a graphics stream?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I don't know why people thinking showing the Pro version on a twitch or youtube stream when the stream is capped at 1080p and add bitrate compression to degrade the image. It was one of the reasons that Mark Cerny gave at the PS4 pro Presentation, you will not see the difference on those streams, it is a waste of time. If they show the Pro version people will say it looks no different.

Sony should just upload an inning of the Pro on YouTube 4K, it will still take a hit graphically, but for those who can view it on a 4K TV will get some inkling as to how it looks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »