Home

MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Video - Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees (Full Game)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Video - Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees (Full Game) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2017, 08:24 PM   #113
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Full 2017 Game Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
I don't know why people thinking showing the Pro version on a twitch or youtube stream when the stream is capped at 1080p and add bitrate compression to degrade the image. It was one of the reasons that Mark Cerny gave at the PS4 pro Presentation, you will not see the difference on those streams, it is a waste of time. If they show the Pro version people will say it looks no different.

Sony should just upload an inning of the Pro on YouTube 4K, it will still take a hit graphically, but for those who can view it on a 4K TV will get some inkling as to how it looks.
You're talking about 4K and HDR, though. There can be boosts in framerate (though from the videos one might argue that the framerate is already pretty good, actually) or anti-aliasing, etc. PS4 games that are using downsampling are looking significantly better in 1080p for that reason. They just come off much cleaner.

I don't know if things like load times improve though as well. I'm not just talking about loading a game, I even mean transitions from image to image. You know when The Show (and other sports games) have to pause and blend to the next image at times? Maybe the Pro can cut that part out.

I was not even close to considering a PS4 Pro before getting a 4K television, but getting closer to the release of The Show is getting me excited about the possibility of a bundle and some upgrades for the 1080p crowd that might be in store. Maybe it even improves my Vita Remote Play performance, who knows?

At any rate, I hope we hear something tomorrow! It'll make grading exams that much easier, believe it or not.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-15-2017, 08:33 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Video - Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees (Full Gam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Player faces and ball physics look great!

Didn't like how the replay doesn't show the full play at times. That Pearce double on the top of the 7th for example, only show's the player hitting and where the ball places in the outfield. It doesn't show the close play at second. Hope they can fix this before the game is released.
This brings up a wish of mine. I'd like to just position a camera in the stadium and make it a permanent replay camera. For me it would be a full field cam showing ball flight and all players. I can do without the cutting btwn scenes.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:37 PM   #115
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
You're talking about 4K and HDR, though. There can be boosts in framerate (though from the videos one might argue that the framerate is already pretty good, actually) or anti-aliasing, etc. PS4 games that are using downsampling are looking significantly better in 1080p for that reason. They just come off much cleaner.

I don't know if things like load times improve though as well. I'm not just talking about loading a game, I even mean transitions from image to image. You know when The Show (and other sports games) have to pause and blend to the next image at times? Maybe the Pro can cut that part out.

I was not even close to considering a PS4 Pro before getting a 4K television, but getting closer to the release of The Show is getting me excited about the possibility of a bundle and some upgrades for the 1080p crowd that might be in store. Maybe it even improves my Vita Remote Play performance, who knows?

At any rate, I hope we hear something tomorrow! It'll make grading exams that much easier, believe it or not.
Trust me, none of that will come across in the stream, the compression is just too prevalent. I have seen this far too many times with PS4 Pro games. Guerrilla understood this with Horizon Zero Dawn. What they did to remedy the compression problem is they made available a 4K download with caveats of HDR not available because we have no HDR capture device and to get the file to a manageable size it took a little compression hit. I downloaded that file and what a difference it made compared to what was being seen on youtube and other places.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2017, 08:42 PM   #116
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
Trust me, none of that will come across in the stream, the compression is just too prevalent. I have seen this far too many times with PS4 Pro games. Guerrilla understood this with Horizon Zero Dawn. What they did to remedy the compression problem is they made available a 4K download with caveats of HDR not available because we have no HDR capture device and to get the file to a manageable size it took a little compression hit. I downloaded that file and what a difference it made compared to what was being seen on youtube and other places.
Oh, I wasn't stating that streams are anything compared to source files (trust me, I've uploaded enough videos to YouTube to know how hard compression hits), but I was just saying that although we may not get 4K and HDR benefits, there are more benefits to the PS4 Pro that we could get as the 1080p consumer. Will it be night-and-day in a stream? Heh, not very much. But you can bet that it can sell me a Pro system if it's substantial enough for the home version!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-15-2017, 08:51 PM   #117
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
Can we assume that tomorrow will be the pro version since it's partly a graphics stream?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That would be nice but I don't think they are going to do that. They will probably either just release a video before the game releases showing the improvements the Pro will have or release a article on them.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:25 PM   #118
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Video - Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees (Full Gam

I know they like that hanging curve inside backwards K on Sanchez in the 1st...

but as a pitcher that pitch makes me want to vomit. Like that a huge mistake pitch. It's an "OMG I got away with one right there" and IMO I would love to see those misses not be called strikes.

I know video game vs real life...BUT...like that's not a pitch you ever ever call.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 03-15-2017, 09:36 PM   #119
MVP

I've got an 80 inch 4k tv, but can't justify buying the ps4 pro. Lol, plus, I might not be able to see a difference!
Old 03-15-2017, 09:52 PM   #120
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Ah my beloved Jays! It's looking good.. can't wait for March 28th!

One minor thing.... with me being a deaf gamer and probably one of very few who uses subtitles during the games. Last year the subtitles were horrible, they shrunk and got harder to read. Looks like they fixed it this year, much more clean and easier to read. So that's another minor improvement along with million other stuff in game 👍 can't wait for release day.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »