Home

Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2017, 06:55 PM   #89
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I was more referring to why it might not be implemented initially into regular online with default teams like its predecessor. Building it into MUT gives it the highest chance of being a successful method of playing because MUT is the most popular mode. If they had just brought back OTP in its older form it's unlikely that the outcome would be much different where less than 10% of the user base is even using it and it becomes wasted development time. At least this way it's a new and interesting way to play MUT and it also gives them a chance to draw in a new audience into the MUT realm. So it's not really all about money, but don't get me wrong it definitely doesn't hurt them one bit that the potential for new MUT users (more money) goes up with this move.

So people can be upset with its ties to MUT but there's no denying that it made the most sense for them not only from a financial standpoint but also from a practicality standpoint.
C'mon man . It's pretty much ALL of this. Again it is what it is, but they could've found a way to at least put OTP in basic online H2H.

Again, I am waiting for a game (and this includes NBA2K) to really feature co-op in a deep franchise experience. It boggles my mind that games like Halo, COD, GOW, etc. can nail this down but sports games can't. (And they can but won't because of this microtransaction nonsense).
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa

Last edited by Rocky; 06-03-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:54 PM   #90
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Again, I am waiting for a game (and this includes NBA2K) to really feature co-op in a deep franchise experience. It boggles my mind that games like Halo, COD, GOW, etc. can nail this down but sports games can't. (And they can but won't because of this microtransaction nonsense).
What do you mean by this? You just want a sports title that has co-op franchise-esque mode? Games like that already exist without micro-transactions. Try playing Football Manager, Front Office Football, Out of the Park Baseball etc
Old 06-04-2017, 03:51 AM   #91
Rookie

binga30's Arena

OVR: 0
Please put some servers in Australia EA. Online is unplayable here. FIFA has them so why not Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2017, 07:14 PM   #92
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
What do you mean by this? You just want a sports title that has co-op franchise-esque mode? Games like that already exist without micro-transactions. Try playing Football Manager, Front Office Football, Out of the Park Baseball etc
I was referring to a AAA console game. And really it's a shame that with all the focus on online play, there is no co-op franchise or story mode. I just think alot of it is focused on H2H which translates to micro-transactions. Sure there is CFM and PNO but the big focus is on MUT and Pro Am.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 06-04-2017, 10:34 PM   #93
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I was referring to a AAA console game. And really it's a shame that with all the focus on online play, there is no co-op franchise or story mode. I just think alot of it is focused on H2H which translates to micro-transactions. Sure there is CFM and PNO but the big focus is on MUT and Pro Am.
There will be a story mode for 18, unless that isn't what you mean.

I agree with the above sentiment, but that is the way it's going across gaming land. That isn't good for the SIM gamers, but it's good for business.

Edit- Ah, ok, reading over your prior post, you are saying it's a shame OTP isn't in Story Mode.

Last edited by roadman; 06-05-2017 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:13 AM   #94
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There will be a story mode for 18, unless that isn't what you mean.
Didn't they say that didn't make it in?
Old 06-05-2017, 06:45 AM   #95
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Didn't they say that didn't make it in?

I thought he said there was some stuff that he wanted in story mode but didn't make it in. The mod is definitely in M18 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2017, 08:39 AM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I just think they need to figure out how to incorporate teammwork into their game.

I don't have time to grind on Madden. Their gameplay mechanics in comparison to 2K's basketball title just flat out suck. They are getting better but they are not worth my time nor money.

OTP was going to get me back into madden but OTP as a part of MUT is a complete non starter for me because of the grinding aspect of MUT. I actually believe it's possible Madden would give a more realistic and legitimate gameplay experience with more users on the field, but I'm not going to waste time on MUT trying to find out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »