Home

NBA 2K7 Hands On Impressions (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K7 Hands On Impressions (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2006, 04:45 AM   #9
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NBA 2K7 Hands On Impressions (360)

Sounds excellent.

I have been about the most vocal critic of the arenas...but Rob seems to have explained what's going on, so that's cool.

The most promising thing is each game has the potential to be different...styles, J's, team AI...nice...

I've made my mind up already that, when I get the game, I'm going to start a season and just play it.

No messing with sliders...no playing the Heat 8 times and noting down how Shaq plays...no playing San Antonio multiple times and tweaking the game until TD takes more shots...

Simply going to stick it in...and play a season.

Nice work Aaron, as always.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:47 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

Multiplayer Franchise.

Beefed up post game.

Better Create a Player and the ability to edit all ratings and ages on every player and I'm set. The NBA2K team are top notch.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:03 AM   #11
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Sounds sweet. Thanks Aaron.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2006, 07:12 AM   #12
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Wow. Even though I'm a HUGE authentic arena stickler, I can easily overlook the fact there won't be total authenticity with every arena, because CLEARLY, it's not for lack of effort. These guys are good. Wow, wow, wow.

Seems like everything people asked for, we got. Multiplayer franchise? Check. Improve weak 2k6 passing? Double check (totally new system). Tweak unrealistic post game? Check. Fix the onlie and offline cheese capabilities? F*ck yeah! Check.

And on top of that, they're giving us 250(!) signature jump shots. I'll trade in real arenas for that kind of authenticity any day.
At least he actually addressed the fact that the arenas were generic. I really can't wait for this game.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-18-2006, 07:14 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

I was a person who really enjoyed the offline aspect of this game last year. Improving upon the online portion makes it even better. I'm stoked! Thanks for the impressions, Aaron.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:10 AM   #14
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Cool Re: NBA 2K7 Hands On Impressions (360)

Man I don't know if I can even play NBA 2K6 anymore...(goes to go pop in NBA 2K6 anyhow
Old 05-18-2006, 09:28 AM   #15
MVP

HotSauce2k3's Arena

OVR: 13

What I'm wondering is if any of these features will make it to current gen systems or will they just be 2k6 with updated rosters.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2006, 11:50 AM   #16
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

This is what I call progress.

Quote:
This year, you will be able to choose between an overhead, chest or bounce pass. Jones admitted that last year’s game overused the overhead pass and did not always choose the best possible pass. That will be fixed by the new passing feature and tweaked passing AI.
Nice! They need 2 more passes though. Underhand and hand-offs. Overhead passes to a player 2 ft. away always looks wierd.

Quote:
Each player will have a choice of several post moves. Jones described it as the “Shaq”, the “Duncan” and the “Carmelo.” The “Shaq” moves are a power post game. The “Duncan” is a group of finesse post moves. The “Carmelo” is a quickness based post game.
Nice! And I'm glad players will have acess to all moves. Now you can use quickness in the post against a bigger defender, and power against a smaller defender.

Quote:
In NBA 2K7, the bench players, coaches and mascots will each have individual AI. When playing the game you will notice individual bench players reacting to foul calls and the action on the court.
That's a big deal to me because it adds so much to the realism. Nothing kills realism more than everyone moving in unison.

Quote:
Progressive fatigue is another great addition. The days of being able to play your starters 40 minutes plus and it having no effect on your team are gone. This year, managing your players will not only affect their energy in one game but every game. As a coach, you will have to think before playing Lebron 45 minutes in the first game of a back to back.
Maybe what I'm happiest about.

Quote:
One minor disappointment is that Jones couldn’t verify that all 30 arenas will be correct and authentic in this year’s game.
As long as they look good, I could care less. I just hope fans react realistically.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »