Home

2K and EA Are Fumbling the Bag

This is a discussion on 2K and EA Are Fumbling the Bag within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2022, 06:07 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
2K and EA Are Fumbling the Bag

The mixed emotions I have this year during the peak of the major sports game release...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2022, 06:23 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Well ... that nuked my enjoyment for the week

lol

In all seriousness though, I totally agree with you Chase

The greed is ruining everything
Old 09-27-2022, 08:49 PM   #3
Rookie

I don't mind the paying a little extra to boost up my player. I do mind the fact that I can't make certain player types. I would rather be able to put all my attributes up to 99 regardless of height, weight and such. I would be ok if they made certain attributes higher in cost to increase, i.e. if you make a 6'10 280 pound point guard, it would cost a lot of VC to increase his speed and vertical and such, but not too much for strength and rebounding. i hate having caps. I can't re-create Ben Simmons or LeBron.
Old 09-27-2022, 09:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Re: 2K and EA Are Fumbling the Bag

Im not an online 2k player, havent been since 2k11.
This stuff doesnt really bother me, yet i know it affects me because it takes dev time and affects dev decisions and game mechanics.

That being said your article is 100% facts. I really dont think people grasp how much they are charging.

I dont know about yall but Im not from the US. Minimum wage in my country equals to $212 dollars a month. The game costs $70 bucks. 200k VC costs $50.

Read what he said about the MyTeam grind and add to it the MyCareer grind and you clearly cant even play both modes in the same yearly cycle.

Just to put things in perspective.
Old 09-28-2022, 03:32 AM   #5
Rookie

Modern gaming under capitalism. You have to decide what you want to put your time into and what you enjoy. If you have fun and are ok with a certain amount of exploitation there are worse things to do. Even if I try these gambling modes for a little while (and normally I entirely ignore them), I tire quickly because, at the basic level, they are designed to suck more money out of you. Why grind for some player card when you can play my Eras anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2022, 05:36 AM   #6
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Great write up here. I can’t speak for madden, but since I’ve started playing 2K My Career, I’ve never seen the price gouging as bad as it is this year.

If you don’t pay to play, you might as well not even think of taking your player to the park or Rec, it’s not even worth it. This is pure greed at its finest

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-28-2022, 09:52 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoribas3
Im not an online 2k player, havent been since 2k11.
This stuff doesnt really bother me, yet i know it affects me because it takes dev time and affects dev decisions and game mechanics.

Same. I played MUT in Madden 16 and the prices were ridiculous and I've never played any of the pay-to-play online modes in sports games again. It sucks for franchise and offline players because we're always at the bottom of the priority list for game devs because we're not making them extra money like the online modes. That's why the MyEras stuff in 2K23 was such a pleasant surprise. I'm totally behind anyone boycotting online purchases though because maybe that will cause the devs in these games to stop catering the games so much to the online crowd over the offline players.
Old 09-28-2022, 10:37 AM   #8
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoribas3
Read what he said about the MyTeam grind and add to it the MyCareer grind and you clearly cant even play both modes in the same yearly cycle.

Just to put things in perspective.
I wish that I could thank this comment 1000 times. I understand SOME grinding, but this game is way too large for that. It literally feels like a full time job playing just ONE mode. I'm currently playing MyTeam, but the agendas are so freaking time consuming, that I haven't really had a real opportunity to play PNO and MyPlayer like I want to. Then there's still the WNBA which I think will get cheated due to how much time people are "forced" to play the other modes.

2KSports really need to loosen up the grinding, so people can enjoy or at least experience the other modes in the game. You never know. They could make more money from microtransactions, because people want to be and have time to be competitive in multiple modes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »