Home

Madden 24 Speed Threshold/ Parity instead of Slideritis

This is a discussion on Madden 24 Speed Threshold/ Parity instead of Slideritis within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2023, 11:39 PM   #1
Rookie

skillz25's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 24 Speed Threshold/ Parity instead of Slideritis

I remember back in Madden 20, one of the key settings was the speed threshold/parity setting. The default was 50, but the Madden developers did an update and recommended changing this to 75. Increasing this number would minimize the gap that a fast player would have against a slow player over a long distance run. Ultimately, this fixed mostly all the issues with animations, players warping, or defenders "magically" lunging to close the gap between WR's who had 3-5 yards separation.

With this one change, I was able to play on the All Madden level with all default sliders except for the speed threshold. I bought Madden 22 and did the same thing.

Now with Madden 24 coming out, I know a lot of people will be going through tons of slider changes to get that "perfect" feel that they are looking for. But before doing so, I STRONGLY recommend to change this one setting first and leaving all other sliders at default. You will be surprised at how this one simple change "fixes" everything.

You're welcome in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2023, 08:06 AM   #2
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden 24 Speed Threshold/ Parity instead of Slideritis

Played at 75 in Madden 23 as well as the 24 Beta. That'll definitely be the speed threshold of choice. Having it on default in the Beta made the gameplay way too wide open producing college type scores.
Old 08-14-2023, 08:42 AM   #3
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4

What's the theory on reaction time for defense? Bc I've always thought of a lower reaction time, would cause defense to have more penalties? I've got a love/hate relationship with EASPORTS as many franchise Sim guys for this reason lack of penalties. I'd also love if defensive holding was put back in the game as a slider and had an effect.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2023, 09:43 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Played at 75 in Madden 23 as well as the 24 Beta. That'll definitely be the speed threshold of choice. Having it on default in the Beta made the gameplay way too wide open producing college type scores.
Same sentiment here except I use 95. Default 50 is way too wide open for me. A higher threshold aids the defense in many areas which is desperately needed with how imbalanced the game is by default.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 08-14-2023 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-14-2023, 10:44 AM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I settled on 95 in M23 but for M24 I always go default 50 AM across the board as I never know if they have tuned things properly on default settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2023, 10:47 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

I've always been confused by the settings.

I play on All Pro and I keep my threshold on 1. Anything higher than even 10, what I see is the AI defenders running step for step with my receivers no matter what. Forget about lobbing a deep pass down the side line, forget about throwing that post route... the AI always wins the match up.

What am I missing?
Old 08-14-2023, 11:04 AM   #7
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321

I play on All Pro and I keep my threshold on 1. Anything higher than even 10, what I see is the AI defenders running step for step with my receivers no matter what. Forget about lobbing a deep pass down the side line, forget about throwing that post route... the AI always wins the match up.

What am I missing?
Oh my!! ...I could never imagine the amount of TD's I could throw the parity at 1.

I have been using 95 for quite some time now with great success, but I will say that I messed with the setting during the M24 beta moving it down to 75 as the cpu was covering my wr's a bit too good...and while it was OKay it just didn't have the same feel as 95 to me...what the issue was was that KP had no zip on the ball...so this led to several passes feeling floaty.

I've tried pretty much all "black magic voodoo" settings, and have found in my experience that 95 is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-14-2023, 11:07 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321

What am I missing?
Honestly, if you're unable to hit these routes on any lowered threshold then I'd assume you're either not throwing them vs the proper coverage or you're throwing them late. Throwing late, especially on deeper passes, is a very common thing in the Madden community and is one of the primary reasons people complain about the secondary being too good against deep passes.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »