Home

Competitive over Simulation for Franchise

This is a discussion on Competitive over Simulation for Franchise within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2023, 04:18 PM   #1
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

OVR: 0
Competitive over Simulation for Franchise

Wanted to share this with the OS community. It’s something that I’ve been experimenting with for the past few weeks and I’ve seen better gameplay from Madden using this methodology.

In the front end of the game choose PRO and SIMULATION. In the main menu of the game and in your franchise, choose COMPETITIVE. Difficulty will remain at PRO throughout. I won’t post the sliders I use as they’re not mine and I don’t feel comfortable posting someone else’s sliders that doesn’t frequent these forums (to my knowledge). However, you can catch the sliders on his YouTube channel “CBGaming”. They will be for Madden 23, but work well with any next generation Madden (21-24). He uses the CPU v CPU style of play within franchise mode as do I, so I gravitated to them quite easily.

Now on to the results that I’ve seen using the above method. When using SIM, the game results would be somewhat lopsided towards one team and the AI would pass more than run. For some reason, while on COMP, the AI has better play calling and the stats aren’t as inflated through an entire game like with SIM. The final game scores are more in tune with real world scores and it just feels better overall IMO. Animations don’t seem as wonky and it looks pretty smooth. I’m thinking since Madden has been geared towards the MUT community for so long that the entire game is coded/programmed towards that mode in particular. Now you won’t see many penalties using COMP, but you never saw many penalties in SIM either. You will see a few here and there, but they’re sporadic at best. I’m just speaking to what I’ve seen during my experience. Someone else may get totally different vibes from this.

Anyways, thought I’d throw this out there to the forum. Happy Madden season everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2023, 04:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Competitive over Simulation for Franchise

Yeah the cpu always played better on competitive
Old 08-24-2023, 05:37 PM   #3
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2

There are no injuries on competitive though, right?
Old 08-25-2023, 12:41 AM   #4
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Perry

I’ve had injuries while using competitive in franchise mode….

Old 08-25-2023, 12:42 AM   #5
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayyd11
Yeah the cpu always played better on competitive

I’ve noticed that the CPU will call better plays. At least ones that make more sense for the down/distance while using competitive.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2023, 01:30 AM   #6
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Perry

Injuries do happen. Had two injuries in my last franchise game. Both are 4 weeks in length, torn labrum and pulled groin. This is in M23, but I’m still using the competitive game style.

Old 10-19-2023, 09:05 PM   #7
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I've tried everything to get into a M24 CFM this year, I finally decided to start a CFM on competitive instead of simulation and had a blast in my Week 1 game.

Broncos (me) beat the Raiders, 29-28. Garoppolo was injured in the 4th quarter and there was also a DPI called late in the game that allowed me to continue a drive to get into FG range to win the game.
Old 10-20-2023, 03:07 AM   #8
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I've tried everything to get into a M24 CFM this year, I finally decided to start a CFM on competitive instead of simulation and had a blast in my Week 1 game.

Broncos (me) beat the Raiders, 29-28. Garoppolo was injured in the 4th quarter and there was also a DPI called late in the game that allowed me to continue a drive to get into FG range to win the game.

Nice!! In the front end I choose simulation as my game style. In the main menu, I leave it as simulation. In franchise mode, I change the game style to competitive. This method has worked well for CPU v CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »