Home

MyNBA: Can we please have normal Injury Recovery Times?

This is a discussion on MyNBA: Can we please have normal Injury Recovery Times? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2023, 02:13 AM   #1
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
MyNBA: Can we please have normal Injury Recovery Times?

Injuries in MyNBA recover in half the time that it states in the injury reports. This was an annoying inclusion into the series in next gen MyNBA. Torn achilles, Torn ACL, Ruptured Achilles Tendon injuries shouldn't be something that players regularly recover from in the same season it occurs. It should not matter how good your training staff is.

Injuries heal currently at a rate of 1-4 days each day. So an injury that would normally have a player out 28 days will always heal in 1-2 weeks.

It's not Sim and it's not fun to go in and have to add time to every injury so it can have a realistic recovery time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2023, 03:23 AM   #2
Pro

Re: MyNBA: Can we please have normal Injury Recovery Times?

Yeah I set Lonzo Ball to the maximum days allowable (480) with left knee surgery, and I still have to go in and extend it come the All-Star break as he ends up playing the last ten games.

To add to this, suspension needs to be separated from the list of injury types or at least excluded from faster recovery times. I have calculated and set the duration days for like Morant, Bridges, Graham and Primo so they miss the correct number of games, but then they "recover" earlier. So I have to give them all long suspensions and then manually go in at the correct point of the schedule to ensure they only miss the right amount of games.
Old 10-12-2023, 12:43 PM   #3
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

It’s SO annoying. MyNBA really needs one cycle that’s just clean-up, so many little things like this that make getting the mode right really tedious.
Old 10-12-2023, 01:38 PM   #4
Rookie

I had prime D Rose miss 2 weeks with a broken leg once and have had players with season ending injuries come back after two months. Hiring a physio seems to make players come back way too fast.

Some of the projected times for injuries are way too short as it is. 6 to 8 weeks for a broken ankle? Somebody should’ve told Gordon Hayward that.
Old 10-12-2023, 02:37 PM   #5
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1287
Hiring a physio seems to make players come back way too fast.
Is it better without Physios? Cause if so I'll go through and fire every physio from every team.
I've been trying so many things to isolate what is the root cause of the fast recovery times. I tried removing all badges from training staff and it didn't really make a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2023, 05:28 PM   #6
Pro

I think the player themselves is also a factor (maybe physical attributes?). I've set both Cancar and Harrell to have torn ACLs and I have to set Harrell's duration for longer, or he comes back by March, while Cancar always misses the full season.
Old 10-13-2023, 10:52 AM   #7
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
It’s SO annoying. MyNBA really needs one cycle that’s just clean-up, so many little things like this that make getting the mode right really tedious.
100%. Having to do all sorts of adjustments has regularly killed my interest in MyNBA for years. The core foundation of the mode should be more important than adding another new feature that probably creates more bugs/wonkiness.
Old 10-13-2023, 11:05 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Is it better without Physios? Cause if so I'll go through and fire every physio from every team.
I've been trying so many things to isolate what is the root cause of the fast recovery times. I tried removing all badges from training staff and it didn't really make a difference.
This is my question, as well. If it's just the physio staff slot being filled causing the problem, that isn't an awful thing to fix, and then just prevent for the CPU, in the offseason. I wonder how it works if you only allow teams to carry a team doctor, and remove all physio badges?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »