Home

AI Passes 75% of the Time

This is a discussion on AI Passes 75% of the Time within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2023, 09:36 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
AI Passes 75% of the Time

I'm 4 years into my franchise and I have played every game including preseason. Playcalling is starting to become hard to overlook. The CPU Playcalling is terrible. I have been top 10 against the run and 32 against the pass every year.

I've looked at the default playbooks and they are obviously a huge part of the problem. When you look at the play call scripts a lot of the playbooks only have passes starred for certain situations. Situations where real NFL teams would run like 2nd and medium (3-8 yards). The Saints are a good example, they have no runs starred for 2nd and medium. They only have 4 plays starred for that particular situation which is another problem altogether.

This is killing my franchise right now. When you defend the pass 75% of the time your DL and LBs don't get tackles so they don't get XP. I know the quick answer might be to change playbooks. Problem is that almost all of the default playbooks have the same problem. The Bears PB has many runs starred but they are mostly read options which doesn't work for a pocket passer.

I'm kinda of out ideas for a solution. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2023, 01:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: AI Passes 75% of the Time

Playbooks have been killing this game for years. Really kills realism and are so pass happy that it's almost like you should play with an empty backfield for many of the books.
Old 11-17-2023, 03:33 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Best advice I have for stopping the pass is to spend way more time playing from the All-22 cam. How to align, where to attack, what button to push when all become way more obvious from that view.

Held the Bears to -9 passing yards in my last game, for the record, while they torched me on the ground to the tune of 245 yards, including over 100 from Fields.

Can almost guarantee most people have a lot of bad habits from playing from the standard cam all the time and do not actually understand how defense works in this game. All-22 cam will help you.

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 11-17-2023 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2023, 03:51 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Best advice I have for stopping the pass is to spend way more time playing from the All-22 cam. How to align, where to attack, what button to push when all become way more obvious from that view.

Held the Bears to -9 passing yards in my last game, for the record, while they torched me on the ground to the tune of 245 yards, including over 100 from Fields.

Can almost guarantee most people have a lot of bad habits from playing from the standard cam all the time and do not actually understand how defense works in this game. All-22 cam will help you.
Changing the camera angle does absolutely nothing to impact the Playcalling of the CPU.

Stopping the pass is not really my problem. In my current franchise I have played 6 games. The CPU has 253 passes (42.2 p/g) to 95 runs (15.8 p/g). My yards per pass attempt against is where it needs to be. The problem is the AI is throwing 15% higher than the NFL average. At 42 passes a game even if I hold them to 7 ypa that is basically a 300 yard game. This is any QB with almost any playbook except the Bears. Played the Jets who have a 72 at QB and 90 at RB and they throw 80% of the time. The jets playbook has mostly passes starred.
Old 11-17-2023, 07:23 PM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

It's a game killer for me. I had 1 one game last season where the Browns ran Chubb 23 times.. all the other teams ran 10 times or less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2023, 07:41 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Yah, I just played my first game post-patch, and the CPU passed 46x and ran 12x. It’s not good for immersion.
Old 11-17-2023, 09:16 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 6

Yeah. This is the earliest I’ve ever considered shelving this game but it’s just not simulation football and it bothers me a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-17-2023, 09:46 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
Yeah. This is the earliest I’ve ever considered shelving this game but it’s just not simulation football and it bothers me a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I was having a ton of fun with my franchise until I realized how often the CPU was throwing regardless of game situation. I can't move forward with my franchise because of this issue. I've tried using different playbooks, including the Run Heavy PB, with no improvement. This is a game breaker.

It's a shame because the gameplay is really dialed in. Penalties, sim engine, and playcalling are straight broken. EA is either ignorant or indifferent. This game could be amazing if they would fix those major issues. Not real hopeful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »