Home

I am shocked at how much worse the gameplay is in comparison to UFC 4...

This is a discussion on I am shocked at how much worse the gameplay is in comparison to UFC 4... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2024, 12:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am shocked at how much worse the gameplay is in comparison to UFC 4...

I was expecting a generational leap from 4, EA UFC rebuilt on a new engine, I did not expect a copy of the same game but about 5 times worse, even clunkier, even jankier, even laggier.. How?

EA UFC 1 2 3 and 4 were already the least responsive and buggiest AAA games in history of gaming, how is it not only not better, but worse?

How is it that on a new engine, you have the same bugs? Stances switch by itself after being against the cage or get up or clinch, but if I press stance switch it doesn't work until I double or triple press and it switches twice while being defenseless?

You can't even get the quick chat options remain on 1 side? How does that bug even happen and still not get fixed?

I've never imagined they would **** things up THIS bad when they acquired the license from THQ. I stopped playing 1 day after release because it was that bad, and now redownloaded and nothing been fixed still?

Is there any word on wtf is going on with these devs? Did they officially give up on making it playable? I hope they can at least make striking to be as bad as 4 instead of worse, because that was at least fun sometimes.. in 5 there's no fun whether I win or lose
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2024, 02:25 PM   #2
Pro

Re: I am shocked at how much worse the gameplay is in comparison to UFC 4...

Can't say I'm experiencing any of this. This is the smoothest UFC game EA has released that I've played. Lag online was unbearable at release but seems to have gotten better in the most recent patch, I only have the occasional match turn into a slide show.

Switch stance works fine for me? Can't say I've ever needed to press it more then once to switch my stance, but I switch stances constantly so maybe I just don't notice it
Old 01-04-2024, 01:31 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka5eL
I was expecting a generational leap from 4, EA UFC rebuilt on a new engine, I did not expect a copy of the same game but about 5 times worse, even clunkier, even jankier, even laggier.. How?

EA UFC 1 2 3 and 4 were already the least responsive and buggiest AAA games in history of gaming, how is it not only not better, but worse?

How is it that on a new engine, you have the same bugs? Stances switch by itself after being against the cage or get up or clinch, but if I press stance switch it doesn't work until I double or triple press and it switches twice while being defenseless?

You can't even get the quick chat options remain on 1 side? How does that bug even happen and still not get fixed?

I've never imagined they would **** things up THIS bad when they acquired the license from THQ. I stopped playing 1 day after release because it was that bad, and now redownloaded and nothing been fixed still?

Is there any word on wtf is going on with these devs? Did they officially give up on making it playable? I hope they can at least make striking to be as bad as 4 instead of worse, because that was at least fun sometimes.. in 5 there's no fun whether I win or lose
Agree with most of what you said. From what others have said, that split second delay from when you press a button and your fighter actually throwing a strike is there by design. I couldn't tell you why this is the case but from what others have said, it's not some bug or glitch, instead it's programmed that way. To me, the biggest disappointments in this game are all the details and elements that were in the other EA UFC games that are mysteriously absent from UFC 5. Why is Herb Dean the only referee?? Why is the roster exactly the same as UFC 4? Why did they remove the ability to throw follow up strikes when you land a KO while standing? Why did they completely butcher the fighter introductions??? Pride mode has been one of the most requested additions to this game since um....EA UFC 1, and they still haven't added Pride mode, but they kept the Kumite mode that nobody seemed to want or ask for. There's just so many poor design choices in this game, top to bottom, it's like the dev team is clueless on what we want, yet forums like this one, their Discord, Reddit, etc. are full of tons of feedback from the community. And the devs post on here so I know they see the feedback, so the only rational explanation is they do not care about the community, they were just hoping to coast along sales wise like they did with UFC 4.
Old 01-06-2024, 08:49 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
Agree with most of what you said. From what others have said, that split second delay from when you press a button and your fighter actually throwing a strike is there by design. I couldn't tell you why this is the case but from what others have said, it's not some bug or glitch, instead it's programmed that way. To me, the biggest disappointments in this game are all the details and elements that were in the other EA UFC games that are mysteriously absent from UFC 5. Why is Herb Dean the only referee?? Why is the roster exactly the same as UFC 4? Why did they remove the ability to throw follow up strikes when you land a KO while standing? Why did they completely butcher the fighter introductions??? Pride mode has been one of the most requested additions to this game since um....EA UFC 1, and they still haven't added Pride mode, but they kept the Kumite mode that nobody seemed to want or ask for. There's just so many poor design choices in this game, top to bottom, it's like the dev team is clueless on what we want, yet forums like this one, their Discord, Reddit, etc. are full of tons of feedback from the community. And the devs post on here so I know they see the feedback, so the only rational explanation is they do not care about the community, they were just hoping to coast along sales wise like they did with UFC 4.
strong points, its like ea ufc 3 was the peak and now we are at the downfall gameplay is the same that we have in ufc 4 but they butchered every single progress they made on patches its like every new game they erase the improvements made in the patches than to it all over again so they dont get pushed to put new things
Old 01-09-2024, 09:35 PM   #5
Rookie

I think this is the smoothest UFC game EA has released that I've played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2024, 07:11 AM   #6
Rookie

I am offline only and UFC 5 is the smoothest by far for me and the AI is way better than previous games,even on Hard difficulty the CPU is still a challenge. Once tracking and camera problems are fixed UFC 5 will be by far the best and i am loving the ground game with the struggle mechanic R1 and no mini game.
Old 01-14-2024, 11:49 AM   #7
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
I am offline only and UFC 5 is the smoothest by far for me and the AI is way better than previous games,even on Hard difficulty the CPU is still a challenge. Once tracking and camera problems are fixed UFC 5 will be by far the best and i am loving the ground game with the struggle mechanic R1 and no mini game.
Do you like Clinch and how it is simplified (much less options, no Judo style) vs EA UFC 3?
Old 01-17-2024, 04:10 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Do you like Clinch and how it is simplified (much less options, no Judo style) vs EA UFC 3?
UFC 3's clinch was (rightfully) the most frequent complaint about the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »