Home

Substitution Logic Question

This is a discussion on Substitution Logic Question within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2024, 04:42 PM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Substitution Logic Question

I was playing a couple games and noticed something with the substitution logic and wondering if there is a workaround. Basically using ACE Substitutions.

Playing Jordan Era. I was Portland vs Cleveland and the Blazers were running a 3-man guard rotation with Porter, Drexler and Ainge off the bench. During the game Ainge got hurt. After the half they said it was a really bad injury and he wouldn't be back. Later on in the game he was back in the game. I went in manually took him out and put Robert Pack in. My concern is the CPU won't do that and Ainge was noticeably slower and if it was the CPU they would just leave him in.

It seems like there is no logic in place for guys who aren't in the rotation to come in other than in a blowout and even then it's got to almost be ridiculous before they put those guys in. Am I wrong and missing something or is there some other way to have back of the bench guys come in if there is an injury. I realize that if it's after the game the CPU will readjust it's rotation and the other guy will play.

Just curious if anyone knew if there was any logic for non-rotation guys to get minutes except in blowouts ? What about if you used Fatigue as the rotation setting ? If anyone uses Fatigue do you know at what point they take a guy out who is fatigued ? Like is there a rating or just when the Gatorade thing shows up.

Or is the whole thing not that complex as far as not having logic outside of set rotation plans ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2024, 11:24 PM   #2
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Substitution Logic Question

Yeah, 2K's always been weird for me with foul outs/injuries. CPU will bring guys in and out randomly in those spots instead of just following the rotation spots you set. Also have felt this year the CPU subs have been a lot better with ACE off vs. on. Feels like teams are running playoff rotations whenever I've tried ACE.
Old 02-10-2024, 11:37 AM   #3
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

See I actually want them to bring in the 3rd string point guard even if he’s not in the rotation. Maybe the issue was Ainge’s injury wasnt game ending.

I haven’t played enough this year to see if Ace is really better.

I think it would be nice if in your rotations there was a slot called alternate. So if you are running say a 10 man rotation and a guy gets hurt the alternate replaces him. They could have alternate front court and alternate backcourt .

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-12-2024, 08:54 AM   #4
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

The thing that annoys be about ACE is that it will randomly bring a guy with no assigned minutes and then immediate substitute them out on the next rotation. So rather than having a bunch of bench guys with DNPs like in the real NBA you end up with a bunch of guys with 1 minute played.
Old 02-15-2024, 03:08 PM   #5
Rookie

doorknobb's Arena

OVR: 0

ACE managed to mismanage garbage time. Now that takes some next level AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »