Home

EA sports college football 25 roster news…

This is a discussion on EA sports college football 25 roster news… within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2024, 10:43 AM   #1
Rookie

CrizzleDizzle13's Arena

OVR: 2
EA sports college football 25 roster news…

News broke today about how much players will get paid and how the process works. A few things that I pulled from the article…

If a player opts out, they won’t permit anyone to create that player in the game. This is a big miss of you ask me. Any person who purchases the game should be able to create whomever they want imo. If there are some big opt outs or accidental opt outs, that could be an issue.

Also, they mentioned that a player had to have a school email to be able to opt in. Not sure what that means for freshman who do not join until the summer of 2024 but hopefully they get their email addresses early enough to opt in before the game comes out or you could only have freshman who enrolled in the winter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2024, 12:40 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: EA sports college football 25 roster news…

One thing is for sure there wont be any new rosters from OP Sports for the new game
Old 02-22-2024, 01:58 PM   #3
Rookie

CrizzleDizzle13's Arena

OVR: 2

Yea, it looks like the enjoyment of the game will be heavily predicated on how many players opt-in. If there are a decent amount that opt-out, I’m not going to enjoy the game.

This is coming from someone who got the game every year from the Bill Walsh college football era through ncaa 14. We had full rosters every year from the moment they permitted you to edit rosters.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:21 AM   #4
Rookie

Bluesfan4's Arena

When I read this news this week, my immediate reaction was the classic Michael Scott meme… I found myself going “Nope, don’t like that…” after reading every sentence, with a sinking feeling in my chest.

The number 1 thing I was looking forward to in this game, was actual, real-life rosters for the first time ever in a college football game. I knew there’d probably be some kids who would, for one reason or another, protest/refuse to be in the game. But I figured for those few, no big deal, just edit/create their player as we’ve always been able to do… But for that ability to actually be TAKEN AWAY from us. It’s extremely disheartening at best, and at worst, makes me question whether or not to buy the game at all.

Definitely gonna be a wait and see approach for me now. Who knows, this may be a non-issue, and only a very select few no-name players on smaller schools will opt-out. But if there are significant players missing on every major team, that’s gonna make it REALLY hard for me to support this game from the get-go.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:28 AM   #5
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

There's 11,390 players in FBS (85 scholarship players on 134 teams).

Over 5000 opted in on Day 1, and the deadline is April 30th.

We'll be fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2024, 02:16 PM   #6
MVP

pinbw's Arena

Arrow Re: EA sports college football 25 roster news…

The only hope is if there becomes a way to mod the game software to get to the roster files....then it might be like the old games where we can edit the rosters however we see fit. Only time will tell. None of us know the future. There are also PC NFL mods of college football which are always being attempted, so that could be the way of the future if this game isn't good enough.

We don't know if there will any way to edit the roster files like before so a file can be passed around online or offline and manipulated...and getting rosters to play accurately may be a challenge on the new game compared to the old.

I'm sort of hoping NCAA 14 will be kept alive either on xbox360 or ps3 by some roster makers for at least one more year while we are all slowly transitioning to the newer game.

Last edited by pinbw; 02-23-2024 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-24-2024, 12:24 AM   #7
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Offline roster sharing isn't an option. Save files are account bound now. Have been since the PS4 generation.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 02-24-2024, 09:40 PM   #8
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5

Still will be plenty of editing needed despite opt ins. EA Sports is usually off base on ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »