Home

MVP Edition Question

This is a discussion on MVP Edition Question within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-08-2024, 03:51 PM   #1
Rookie

bwic83's Arena

OVR: 1
MVP Edition Question

Hello, I’m hoping someone will be able to answer a few questions I have concerning the MVP Edition. I have searched all over the internet and can’t seem to find a definitive answer.

1. Is the MVP Edition only in digital format this year? My son has a PS4 and I have a PS5 and I thought the MVP Edition would be the best bang for my dollar since it comes with dual entitlement.
2. If it is only digital, do I receive a PS4 and a PS5 code separately to have access to the game on each console? Can those games be accessed on each console simultaneously or would it be similar to having a physical disc where it could only be played in one place at a time?

Any assistance with these questions or anything else related to getting the MVP Edition would be appreciated! Thank you!
NBA- Cleveland Cavs
NFL- Cleveland Browns
MLB- Cincinnati Reds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2024, 03:53 PM   #2
MVP

Archie56's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MVP Edition Question

I'm not sure if it's only digital, but I got the digital edition and it comes with both the download for the PS4 & PS5 versions. It automatically downloaded both versions to my PS5, so I just had to delete the PS4 version.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2024, 11:59 AM   #3
Rookie

bwic83's Arena

OVR: 1

Hmm… I wonder if that code is only good once then, where I couldn’t download it onto both the PS4 and PS5?
NBA- Cleveland Cavs
NFL- Cleveland Browns
MLB- Cincinnati Reds
Old 03-09-2024, 12:08 PM   #4
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwic83
Hmm… I wonder if that code is only good once then, where I couldn’t download it onto both the PS4 and PS5?
It should be tied to your PlayStation account I believe. So you should be able to download it on both. I could be wrong but I think you'd be able to do that.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2024, 02:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwic83
I bought the MVP digital edition from the Playstation Store through my PS5. With my playstation account, I've already downloaded the PS5 edition to my PS5 and the PS4 edition to my PS4 (download started March 7 but can't be played until the 15th I believe). My son plays the PS5 more than I do and my PS4 is located in our home office for me to play if we're both wanting to play at the same time or if the kids are watching TV in the family room where we keep the PS5.

I've done this with multiple games. I have NHL on both devices and WWE2k24 on both devices. Admittedly, I don't think we've tried playing on both devices at the same time. My son, my daughter, and I all have different playstation accounts. If my son accidentally tries to play on my account on the PS5 at the same time I'm playing on the PS4, it'll kick me out as the same PS account can't be used on two devices at the same time. But as long as you have different accounts, you should be fine (and all the accounts loaded on any given PS5 or PS4 can play any of the of the games downloaded to the gaming system....so when I download MLB The Show using my PS Account, he could play it while logged in to his account). I'd assume since the PS5 game and PS4 game are completely different downloads, both can be played at the same time (by different accounts)

Where are you buying it that a digital code would be involved? Wouldn't it be easier to just buy it through the PS Store on the Playstation? I'd assume even if you get a code from a store like Target or Gamestop or something, once you enter the code on the Playstation, you'll be given access in your library to download both the PS5 version and the PS4 version and you'll just have to log in to both gaming systems and download the appropriate game from your library of games.

Last edited by TyHay822; 03-09-2024 at 02:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »