Home

New to PS5, requesting advice

This is a discussion on New to PS5, requesting advice within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2024, 03:06 PM   #1
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
New to PS5, requesting advice

With NCAA coming out this year I finally got a PS5, but I always play hockey.

Is there a general consensus on which NHL game for the PS5 is the best? I currently play 19 on the PS4 and have gotten it to a point with the sliders where it's basically perfect for me.

I'm not an expert by any stretch. I tend to put it in arcade mode and reverse engineer the sliders to reflect sim numbers, but still play a pretty wide open, hard hitting game. Sorry for blabbing, looking forward to hearing your opinions.

BH

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2024, 12:00 AM   #2
Pro

stlgamer09's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: New to PS5, requesting advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066

Is there a general consensus on which NHL game for the PS5 is the best? I currently play 19 on the PS4 and have gotten it to a point with the sliders where it's basically perfect for me.

I'm not an expert by any stretch. I tend to put it in arcade mode and reverse engineer the sliders to reflect sim numbers, but still play a pretty wide open, hard hitting game. Sorry for blabbing, looking forward to hearing your opinions.

BH
NHL24 has its set backs but its the direction the new team is going. If you can get is free or cheap to learn it then get it. Depends also what you play in the NHL series.
FHM 2017 - 2022

Old 03-18-2024, 04:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Go to GameStop an get cheapest version from NHL 22,23 or 24. Sportgames aren't changing to much.
Old 03-18-2024, 06:05 PM   #4
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

NHL 24 on the PS5 is an upgrade from the PS4 version of NHL19... You can get NHL at 75% of in places now... The game plays well with slider adjustments, like you mentioned with NHL19, but you kind of know what you like, so the adjustments wouldn't take that long...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 04-07-2024, 09:20 PM   #5
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

BH
Let me start off by NHL 24 is MILES ahead of 23,22,21,20,19... you pick the year...

This is the important part. The game will reward you if you play it with the correct sliders. I know many people will argue that having to change the sliders makes the game broken or incomplete, but that's not what sliders are designed for.

I suggest PKs sliders in the slider section of this forum. There is a catch.. you MUST play position lock!!!!

IMO if you play by controlling every position is messes up the game logic of the CPU. Pick a position and learn to play it.

a long explanation but NHL24 is awesome and anyone that thinks it's not doesn't know how to play hockey in REAL LIFE and only plays ARCADE DEKE fest garbage like EASHL!!!

NHL - "THE BIG BAD" Boston Bruins
CFB - Michigan Wolverine Football
CCHA - Michigan Wolverine Hockey
NFL - Americas Team - Dallas Cowboys
MLB - NY Metropolitans
NBA - NY Knickerbockers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRN...aJvEflVQmjGMFQ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2024, 08:02 AM   #6
Rookie

Icon14 Re: New to PS5, requesting advice

Quote:

BH
The ULTIMATE GAMEPLAY Experience
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...xperience.html
Old 04-26-2024, 07:35 AM   #7
Rookie

soccer, of course

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »